Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Contact Center Express Master Slave

I have a UCCX version 9.1.2.11001-24 that is HA. The HA server should only come into play when the Master server fails. What seems to be happening, isthat when we have an issue with the WAN, the systems PUB/SUB become split-brained. When the WAN comes back online it seems that the SUB server always becomes the Master and then there are issues when we have another WAN issue.

So I have 2 questions:

1. What is the election process to become the Master - Highest IP address, highest MAC address....

2. Once the Master is established, should the new slave reset? I am being told that is normal after election from TAC.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

1. HA kicks in when the CAD

1. HA kicks in when the CAD clients loose site of the master server. basically when part of your WAN goes down. The Master is usually the first server installed, I dont think you can change the roles...

2. TAC is correct, you can reset the services (I forget which one) but we just usually reboot the server, I feel more confident doing a reboot. We have had the HA failover about 4 times in 3 years....

Views
Helpful
Replies