Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

Contact variable set to null causes script to fail

Greetings, I am pretty sure that by now you are all sick of my "it worked on version 7 but will not on version 9" nonsense but I have one more.  My customer has a part of the script that allows callers to record a message, then a route point is called and that "call" is placed into another queue for a different agent to listen to and then call back.  This portion of the scrip fails in version 9.  I did a debug on the queue application and the trigger is never triggered so then I debugged the original script and I get the message that there is an error the contact variable I am using is set to null.

According to the documentation (on the 9x version of this script) the contact that gets created after the message is recorded is supposed to be null so there must be a different way to set the contact in this version than there was in the last version.

If you have any ideas I would appreciate hearing them.  Thanks again.

• Contact Center
5 REPLIES

Re: Contact variable set to null causes script to fail

Attached is the actual error and where it occurs..

You're going to need to provide more info or the entire script for us to see what's happening.

However, the contact should not be set to null simply after taking a recording.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Thanks Tanner,

The contact variable is set to null as per the documentation but does it somehow get changed or should it somehow get changed after taking the recording.  If so, how does that happen and to what is it changed to?  I can get you the script if you want, as always there is a lot of proprietary nonsense in there (my customer is a bank) but I do appreciate your assistance.

Even after terminating a contact I don't believe it is discarded and set to null. Are you issuing a Place Call step on the contact?

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Here is what happens.  The caller is asked if they want to leave a message, if they indicate that they do, the recording step is invoked and it saves the recording, then the call is terminated.  At that point, because the original call is terminated the place call step requires a contact variable which is my case is recording_call_out.  The documentation that came with the script from the script repository shows that the contact variable is set to null and that is how it is set in my version 7x script and it works fine.  In 9x once the get digit string step is invoked (this step is to verify that the agent who is ultimately going to listen to the messge has the right to listen to the message), I get the error attached to the second message in this string.

I suppose I could debug the current script and see if that variable gets set to anything other than null but there is no set step anywhere to do that so I doubt that does happen.

Views
Helpful
Replies