Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Content Expiration on CVP Tomcat Server

Hi,

I need to know is there any way to set content expiration on CVP Tomcat server? I am talking in context with updations of audio files that are being played by Voice Gateways and the audio files are residing under Tomcat directrory on CVP server. I have configured the same by using IIS as media server but need to know how can we achieve the same by using Tomcat as media server.

Every time we update a audio file, we need to reload the voice gateways in order to get the new audio in place. Anyone worked on this please advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Hammad.

6 REPLIES
Green

Re: Content Expiration on CVP Tomcat Server

It is possible to do this, but this is non trivial.

You need a custom Java class that implements a javax.servlet.Filter to manipulate the ServletRequest so that Cache-Control is inserted in the Servlet Response header. The custom class goes in the usual Tomcat place of Tomcat\common\classes. You define the parameters of the filter in the web.xml file and specify that your custom class must use your filter.

You may find more information on the web by searching for Tomcat implementations that do this. It's not specific to Cisco CVP VXML.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply, can you please advise the below procedure in details as I am new to Tomcat server. Or is there any safe command we can run on the voice gateways to clear cache.... Please advise.

Regards,

Hammad.

Green

As I said, it's not for beginners.

But if you have a recent IOS version, you can stale the cache with "set http client cache stale" on the gateway router. You need to have something later than 12.4(15)T8 which was a commonly used  CVP IOS - we have 12.4(24)T2. I don't remember when this command came in. You can't clear the cache, but this makes all files stale so they will be fetched again.

Try it on your gwy. If it doesn't work, post the version (show version).

Better than reloading.

Regards,

Geoff

The command you mentioned is working on my gateway. But when I changed the audio file the old file is still running. No new updates are in place.

I am pasting show version for your reference. Please advise.

Regards,

Hammad,

UfoneUccVgw3#sh version
Cisco IOS Software, 5350 Software (C5350-JS-M), Version 12.4(20)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
Technical Support:
http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 02-Sep-09 05:00 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(22r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

UfoneUccVgw3 uptime is 3 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload at 23:36:46 UTC Tue Oct 10 2000
System image file is "flash:c5350-js-mz.124-20.T4.bin"

Cisco AS5350XM (BCM) processor (revision 0x22) with 393215K/131072K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID JAE1328E20J
SB-1 CPU at 750MHz, Implementation 1025, Rev 0.3, 256KB L2 Cache
Last reset from IOS reload
Manufacture Cookie Info:
EEPROM Version 0x4, Board ID 0x4C3,
Board Hardware Version 2.7, Item Number 800-6571523-03,
Board Revision B0, Serial Number JAE1328E20J.
Processor 0x0, MAC Address 0022.9158.1dbc
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
192 Serial interfaces
216 terminal lines
8 Channelized/Clear E1/PRI ports
512K bytes of NVRAM.
126000K bytes of ATA External CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Green

Yes, for some reason that command is not totally reliable on the AS5350XM. I don't know why, but we have had the same problem. The command is totally effective on ISR routers (2811, 3825, 3845) but not on the AS5350XM.

What you can try is "audio-prompt load " to force the new wav file through. This seems to solve the problem here.

Regards,

Geoff

AOA,

In our case, when we have to replace a large number of wave files. we schedule that kind of activity in off peak hours and after replacing files, reload Voice Gateway. Geoff already shared very useful commands. hope your issue resolved now.

Regards,
Muhammad Amir Raza

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content