cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

converting anis to static dnis and back to ani on outbound calls

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

consultant on his phone should see the number as the dnis which the caller has dialed......which in case now is shown as the ani of the caller..........i am setting a variable for the static dnis and calling it on the call.callinglineid before dynamic label beign passed out to pstn but no luck....is there any variable i can create for calling line id in the ecc variables for that....

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use one of the 10 pariphearal varaibles and set it to the dialed number, these PVs are dsiplayed on the agent desktop so agent can simply look at his desktop when call arrives.

Chris

Thanks chris i did use the peripheral to convert it.I used peripheral var 5 and set that 1088 which is the ani as far as the outbound pstn number is concerned and called the variable with value of call.callinglineid before passing the label to pstn.But invain on the hand phone it still showing the first ani number.....

call.callinglineid is the ANI, if you'd like to see the DNIS you need to use call.DialedNumberString.

Chris

chris let me explain that in detail to you...The caller (number 8181718) a dials 1088 number which is transfered to an ipcc scripts which in turn on treatment gives me a number say 982787878 (dynamic label) which is the number of the consultant who should answer the call.Now when the consultant anwers the call he should get 1088 an the ani on his hand phone and he should not get 8181718 which is the case now for which i have done the above mentioned step in my previous post.....

So the consultant is not an agent then?

If he simply has a phone, i.e. cell phone to pick up these calls, there is nothing in IPCC that you can do to change the ANI, you will need to perform digit manupulation in CallManager.

You can for example create a route pattern 982787878 and configure the "calling party modification" to be 1088, keep in mind that telco may reject the call due to incomplete ANI, or they may override it with BTN, you'll need to test it.

Chris

chris unfortunately its type 3 only vru setup where the icm passes the call to cvp via pgw then doing a db dip cvp passes the pstn number to icm n icm then transfers to pstn again via pgw so here we are isolating the ccm completely.............

So you can do this on the voice gateway instead by creating a tranlsation rule.

Chris

problem there is we have 3000 pstn numbers in db and all different without any standard pattern to it so how do we even call a trans rule to convert them to a fixed value.......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: