cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting wav file for IVR prompt

olakayode
Level 1
Level 1

Pls can someone suggest a software I can use in converting my recorded prompt to the standard IVR 8khz, 8k bit rate mono wav file. The best I could do was 64kbps bit rate instead of 8kbps required by IP IVR.

Your responses will be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Kayode

19 Replies 19

You can use the software called audacity to perform the required conversion.

Thanks.

see old post by bullett Aug 9, 2006 12:41 PM

Audacity for editing the files (google for it its freeware and very handy)

Regards,

Geoff

I have used Sound Forge over the past few years, 7,10 now 11.  I create templates with ccitt u-law, save file and case closed. Audacity was´nt able to do this in the right form few years back but it can now and that one is free. Do the math. 
How ever if you are the cutting and mixing guy and do this a lot or often for some reason use the one you like or prefere and somtimes that means buying the program. 

Keep rocking. 

wildflower1977
Level 1
Level 1

I use Switch Sound File Converter by NCH.com it does all formats quick and easy.  Great for CUCM and UCCE.

Tried the Sox thing, Tried Audacity - couldn't my audio (that I recorded with Asterisk btw) converted over to be used by Cisco.  This program was awesome and quick - prob 30 seconds finding my options.  Great suggestion!

lspiehler
Level 1
Level 1

I developed an online tool that makes this very quick and simple http://kernelmanic.com/call-manager-and-asterisk-audio-converter/