Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Correct ODBC driver for UCCX 8.5 on Informix server?

I've been asked to set up a wallboard for our new UCCX server, housed on Informix 8.5.  I'm told it's using ODBC 2.9.

I'm trying to configure a DSN connection to our new Infromix UCCX 8.5 server.  Having grand trouble.

Based on information found in other areas of this forum, I've installed the Informix SDK.  This added an 'IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER' to my data source list.  I'm using that driver to configure my DSN.

From what I've been told, the server is in stock configuration.  This is what I've got for my setup inside the driver setup:

Server Name: [hostname]_uccx

Host Name: [server IP]

Service: 1504

Protocol: onsoctcp

Database Name: db_cra

User ID: uccxhruser

Password: [password]

When I attempt to test the connection, I get the following error:

-----

Test connection was NOT successful.[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Incorrect password or user uccxhruser@[my ip] is not known on the database server.

-----

The server admin made sure the password was set.

[my ip] is the IP address of my local computer.

1.  Is this the correct ODBC driver to use?

2.  Why does it keep attempting to authenticate uccxhruser@[my ip], when I've provided it the supposedly correct credentials?

3.  What else do I need to check?

5 REPLIES

Hi,

See if the below thred helps you in configuring the wallboard successfully.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2044947

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

Thanks, but I went through that previously.  I've tried using uccxwallboard as the user, and also made sure "Use Server Database Locale" is enabled, and that the fetch size is 32767.  Some of that info was gleamed from https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2024805.

Nothing is working.

I have attempted to contact our Cisco rep multiple times for assistance, and each time have simply been told to check the forums here.  Not the best customer service, in my opinion, because the forums won't be able to provide me specific information for our product.

Re: Correct ODBC driver for UCCX 8.5 on Informix server?

Hi,

Incase if you have not referred, please use the UCCX Admin guide (link given below) from page 490 onwards talks about this wallboard configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851ag.pdf

Also, please try creating a different user than uccxhruser.

Thanks,

Anand

Silver

This is what you get if the uccxhruser password is wrong.

In appadmin go tools/password management and set the pasword for the "Historical Reporting User". If you have a HA system you must login to both nodes and set the password on each machine. If you did not set the password make sure they set the "Historical reporting user" and not the "Wallboard User"

I set one up two weeks ago for an 8.5(1) SU2 with the cop file installed. If you don't install the cop file you can't set the password.

The uccxhruser@ is correct

I used the informix clientsdk.3.70.TC4DE.WIN.zip for 32 bit Windows.

Graham

Community Member

I had the same issues and eventually support logged into the system with a root account to change the passwords on both the primary and secondary system and that fixed the issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content