Views
Helpful
Replies

Counter in ICM script

cndilip123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am building CVP micro-app based ICM scripts.

I have been provided with call-flow diagrams that show counters being used to control the flow in the Queue. Say if the caller has passed through a bunch of messages and queue music 10 times, the caller should be routed to voicemail.

Can anyone tell how it can be set up?

Thank you,

Dilip           

4 Replies 4

Use the peripheral variables to keep track of loops.  However, if you want to do this right use a CVP studio app, you're going to run into all sorts of limitations and your Network VRU configuration is going to be really messy if it's a large call center.

david

What limitations, David?

I understand the desire to clean up the Network VRU config, but you're really just shifting that configuration from one place to another in this scenario. If you're only doing playback, I feel it's simpler in the long run to just use the microapps. CVP Studio is awesome when you start integrating a lot of logic into your playback, menus, DB access, etc., Using it for simple messaging (I would consider a loop scenario like this to be pretty simple) seems a little overkill to me, and potentially adds extra administration hurdles.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Some of the limitations I can remember (I've not done a project with microapps in about 2 years) the data in the PVs doesn't get updated and you have to add extra nodes to clear something in order to get the right data.  Messy scripts, you have to add new nodes every time you want to run a new prompt or a second menu.  The configuration params are not intuitive. Debuggins is more difficult as you don't have control over what can be put in to a log.

Not a big deal really, but Studio apps are so simple and provide some much room to grow that I just can't imagine ever going back.

david

Thank you David and Jameson.

I will attempt and provide a feedback.

-Dilip