cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Callback - PCCE 10.5(1) / CVP 10.5(1)

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

Currently working on getting courtesy callback up and running in our environment.  I understand this is a lot to configure to get working and I am going to make some GW changes tonight so I can further troubleshoot.  

This is not working yet, but I just want some clarification on some of the items I am going to place in the GW.  We have a colocated ingress/VXML GW and on item that i was curious about is:

ip rtcp report interval 2000

gateway

timer receive-rtcp 4

In the documentation they said this becomes important with a colocated ingress/VXML setup.  At this point, how do I determine what would need to be changed (if anything) in this section?

Another piece is the parameter under survivability:

paramspace callfeature med-inact-det enable

paramspace ccb id:<gateway>;loc:<location>;trunks:<#of trunks>

I don't have any PRI's coming into this gateway, it's SIP all the way.  Is the second configuration even needed?

Thanks for any input.  I know there is more to do on the Studio apps but as of right now I am just trying to make sure I get the GW config worked out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

From you configuration snapshot, I can see that you have configured "service survivability flash0:survivability.tcl" and "service cvp_cc flash0:cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl".

flash is a storage device, so ideally it should be" service survivability flash: survivability.tcl"and "service cvp_cc flash:cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl". i.e. remove the () ( I have never tested it with () but it looks like a very unusual method to access a flash drive / local storage device ) .

Next, the call goes directly to the queue without any prompts is because you VXML application detecting the call flow as CCB disabled .

So,  right after the start node enable ccb by setting the value of user.CourtesyCallBackEnabled as "1" .

You can actually do it anywhere before the first "run external script"node .

Regards

Birendra Hansda

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

I ended up placing the following configuration on the CUBE.

ip rtcp report interval 2000

gateway

timer receive-rtcp 4 

application

service survivability flash0:survivability.tcl

paramspace callfeature med-inact-det enable

service cvp_cc flash0:cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl

voice class sip-profiles 103

request INVITE sip-header Call-Info add "X-Cisco-CCBProbe:id:<ip of CUBE>;loc:<location>;trunks:4"

dial-peer voice xxxx voip

description outgoing to CVP

voice-class sip profiles 103

After I made a test call, the call went straight to hold music played in the callback queue script.  I checked the activit logs and saw the error below:

Validate_01,element,warning,addXmlBody - Error returned from probe

Validate_01,exit,error

Before the above config was added all I heard was, "the callback has been canceled, please call back at a later time"

Any thoughts on what could cause the Validate_01 element to be exiting out the error path?

Hi

From you configuration snapshot, I can see that you have configured "service survivability flash0:survivability.tcl" and "service cvp_cc flash0:cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl".

flash is a storage device, so ideally it should be" service survivability flash: survivability.tcl"and "service cvp_cc flash:cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl". i.e. remove the () ( I have never tested it with () but it looks like a very unusual method to access a flash drive / local storage device ) .

Next, the call goes directly to the queue without any prompts is because you VXML application detecting the call flow as CCB disabled .

So,  right after the start node enable ccb by setting the value of user.CourtesyCallBackEnabled as "1" .

You can actually do it anywhere before the first "run external script"node .

Regards

Birendra Hansda

Awe, looks like a bit of a misconfig on my part.  I have the survivability right but I just double checked the GW and see that the cvp_cc service is set as flash0:

I'll remove that and give it another try this evening.

As for the variable **user.CourtesyCallBackEnabled as "1"**, I have that enabled before the call would enter the queue.

Thanks for the response.  I'll check it out tonight.

Made the change and after that made a test call.  I finally was able to get the prompt to ask for a call back.