cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create multiple IVR variable from single ICM variable

Brian Klimpke
Level 1
Level 1

Can I create multiple IVR variables from a single ICM variable?

What I am trying to do is pass a single ICM variable that contains a list of audio files separated by commas. After recieving the Enterprise data on the IVR, I would then like to create multiple variables from this list in order to create a "Random Prompt" using the Create Container Prompt. I am just at a loss on how to convert the comma separated variable (ICM) to multiple variables on the IVR.

Any suggestions??

2 Replies 2

You will have to write some java code to parse out the string based on the commas. Or you could use ICM's random function and pass a single prompt to the IVR.

david

voiceops
Level 1
Level 1

There's a couple of ways to do it:

What version of ICM are you running?

We're running ICM 6 with Queue Manager 3.5 and I pass multiple values in a single variable to QM via the Get ICM Data object and I then split it using the Token feature. In my case to do this my values have to be seperated by a | (pipe) but you can change it to be a comma.

Example:

Lets say I pass value "Blue|Green|Red" using peripheral variable 1. IN QM I tell it to Get ICM Data and that I'm using "Tokens" so Blue becomes Token 0, Green Token 1, and Red Token 2; then you assign a local variable to each of the tokens.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: