cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a Holiday Script in UCCX

Mark Verwey
Level 1
Level 1

I have found a script and feel comforatble incorporating it into my existing script to read a holiday.xml file which will reside on the ccx server which according to the documentation that I have found should be placed in the  /var/temp directory on the uxxc server.  This is where I am lost on the process, first of all is this the correct location for the file to be placed and secondly if so what are the commands to copy this file to this location?  I'm lost when it comes to unix/red hat commands.                 

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

no, you don't place it to a directory. In UCCX, for the ordinary user, there's no such thing as a directory on the file system, you don't even know there is a file system at all. UCCX is an appliance, a black box, we don't need to know almost anything about the underlying platform (although we know about it a lot, we cannot admit that).

You can, or, actually, you have to use the Document Repository. Think about it as a virtual filesystem. You can easily upload files to there using the web admin interface of UCCX, and you can easily reference them in your UCCX scripts. Should anything bad happen to your UCCX, the Document Repository is backed up and may be easily recovered.

So if you have a file named holiday.xml, and it sits in the en_US folder of the UCCX Document Repository, all you have to do is: D[holiday.xml] - voila, use it in a Set step, like this:

G.

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

There have been several threads about this type of routing.  Below is a thread with a couple of different methods used for holiday routing.  When using XML from the repository make sure to use this in conjunction with a session variable so you don't pull a copy of the XML on each call.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2176576