Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating an IVR

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

HI

I wanted to know can someone tell me is there a document that I can use to create an IVR. We have an office in SF that the phone just rings and rings. So my manager wants to put in place an IVR so that when a person calls they will get the nice pretty voice and different options by pressing certain keys on the phone. Thanks in advance for any help that I may get and have a great day.                 

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All of the documentation you will need resides in this location:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Pay specific attention to the Admin Guide and the Scripting Volume 1.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

You say you have an office in SF.

Which carrier provides PSTN access and on what device does this enter the premises?

Does the office have a "key system"? How many phones there? Who made it?

Does the PSTN enter on a Cisco device - a voice gateway? Model number?

Do you have Cisco IP phones? How many phones? Is there a Communications Manager?

Are the options in the IVR for self-service, or as a "phone tree" for transfers?

Regards,
Geoff

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Scooter,

Just to add to Anthony's point, yes you can go with IPIVR product (referred as UCCX with IVR license) which gets integrated with either CUCM (Cisco Unified Communication Manager) or CUCME (Cisco Unified Communication Manager Express).

If you have CUCM , you shoud have got 5 free seat UCCX-Enhanced license which has 10 licensed IVR ports with it, if your queued callers are less than 10, you can  use this license after installin the UCCX with this enhance license.

You need saperate hardware for UCCX (supported MCS\UCS hardware for installing UCCX on it).

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Darn it.  I could have sworn I read that this person has UCCX.  Once again I wish we had a separate forums for Enterprise.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

Totally agree with your point.

Or lets suggest everyone whoever initiates any dicsussion on contact center, make it a habit of specifying the prodcuts\versions clearly because of conflicts in the the understanding between different products.

Also rated your posting .

Thanks,

Anand

anchoudh wrote:

Or lets suggest everyone whoever initiates any dicsussion on contact center, make it a habit of specifying the prodcuts\versions clearly because of conflicts in the the understanding between different products

I see Geoff doing that all the time.  The problem is, only the regulars will know that rule, but then again, all the regulars know better than to be so ambiguous.

Also, thanks for the rating, I'll see my second points jump for the month of May now.

Anthony Holloway

The real problem here is the original poster is very ambiguous and provides no details. That's why I asked some very open ended questions that really have nothing to do with the Cisco technologies that could be used. There are plenty of options  and we just don't have enough to go on.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: