Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Creating sub-menus for English and Spanish

I am interested in providing an option for patients when calling one of our clinics.  

They will be presented with a Prompt that simply says something like "Thanks for calling, press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish" and will repeat in Spanish.

If they press "1" on the main menu, they will be given a Prompt that runs through options like "1" for Appointments, "2" for Billing, "3" to speak to a Nurse

If they press "2" on the main menu, they will be given the same options and destinations but in Spanish.

I have attached my script to this message.  For some reason, when I try to call the application using this script, I get an automated message saying "we are having system problems" but if I change the script to a different one, it works.

Can someone take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are a number of

There are a number of problems with the script.  To see them for yourself, open the script with the UCCX script editor, Select Tools>Validate.  This will show you all of the consistency errors with the script in a new windows on the bottom right-hand side of the script editor.  You can select an error for it to take you to the problem in the script.

Here are the main problems I see:

1. You have many "GoTo" steps pointing to the "Menu" label, but there is no "Menu" label.  You need to create specific Labels for the English and Spanish Menus, then point to those as needed.  You can label a menu step by going to the properties of the step, selecting the label tab on the left-hand side, and enter the text of the label.

2.  There are several Call Redirect steps to the variable "Front Desk", but that variable doesn't exist.

3.  You have many Play Prompt steps playing the "Busy" prompt.  The script is case-sensitive, and your variable is named "busy".

5 REPLIES

I don't see a script attached

I don't see a script attached

Fixed - sorry about that.  

Fixed - sorry about that.  

There are a number of

There are a number of problems with the script.  To see them for yourself, open the script with the UCCX script editor, Select Tools>Validate.  This will show you all of the consistency errors with the script in a new windows on the bottom right-hand side of the script editor.  You can select an error for it to take you to the problem in the script.

Here are the main problems I see:

1. You have many "GoTo" steps pointing to the "Menu" label, but there is no "Menu" label.  You need to create specific Labels for the English and Spanish Menus, then point to those as needed.  You can label a menu step by going to the properties of the step, selecting the label tab on the left-hand side, and enter the text of the label.

2.  There are several Call Redirect steps to the variable "Front Desk", but that variable doesn't exist.

3.  You have many Play Prompt steps playing the "Busy" prompt.  The script is case-sensitive, and your variable is named "busy".

Remember to always run "debug

Remember to always run "debug" to validate the script integrity. 

Thanks all.  I am still

Thanks all.  I am still learning this, so I always forget about validating the script!

I have fixed all the mess and it's giving me what I need!  Thanks everyone.

Views
Helpful
Replies