cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS 5.0 MRCP ASR Provisioning

smaruvada
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect AVST Speech Server (Which runs Nuance 8.5 w/ SP1 engine). I have entered the IP Address of the Speech Server and port 554. For some reason, IPCCX is not able to commnicate w/ speech server. My ping worked fine. But I could not telnet using IP 554. Apparently, speech server is not listeing on 554. Ports are not blocked in my environment. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2 Replies 2

alex_hannah
Level 4
Level 4

Did you try netstat -a on the AVST server to see if port 554 is indeed in use? If not it might be something wrong with the config on the AVST server...

Alex,

In fact, AVST does not support full version of Nuance speech server that is required for Cisco to communiate via MRCP. They have a stripped down license from Nuance. If anyone is planning on using ASR functionality in UCCX, please buy speech server from Nuance directly and not from any other vendor who run Nuance engine. Only Nuance applications listen on port 554. Thanks

Sunil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: