cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Historical Reporter 4.0(4) on a Windows Server

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

We are trying to run Historical Reporter on a Windows Server. Under 3.5(4), we had that capability. Under 4.0(4), a Windows server (2000 or 2003) is not a supported platform. We've done a good job of hacking, but basically we have hit some issues - we think related to Crytal Reports - when it comes time to display the query. Has anyone done this and could share what they did to make this work? Yes, It is unsupported by TAC.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

question: are you having problems with running the historical reports client? On a window server? I have it running fine on my workstation.

4.04 and just upgraded to 4.05

rlp

Windows 2000, WinXP Pro, are supported. Server platforms are not. We see it in the documentation and with error when we try to install it. We bascially hacked it and made it work earlier today after I posted. We had to register a bunch of DLLs, then it worked. We are also going to 4.0(5a). I assumed that the same platform restrictions with HR would exist on 4.0(5a) as it did with 4.0(4)_Build140.

Hi,

Would you be so kind and send me a list of the DLLs you need to register in order to install HR on the w2k server? TIA.

rduric

Hi rudric, I ran this by our Citrix person (we needed to do this because we have Citrix clients that need to run the HR and therefore it needs to be installed on the Citrix server which is W2K server or W2003 server) and he said that a package by a company named Enteo somehow could monitor the install, see the DLLs that were needed to register, and it builds a script that when executed registers the needed DLLs. He's going to try and get more information and if I can understand it, I'll post it.

My mistake on the process. Enteo had something to do with this, but I'm not sure. The Citrix Admin did the following:

1) Installed on a Windows 2000 machine or an XP machine

2) Any file that was installed, he manually copied over preserving the directory structure. This includes C:\WINNT\system32 and C:\Program Files\Cisco CRS Historical Reports\ subdirectories.

3) he registered any of the exe's and dll's.

I don't have space to put all of those in the case notes, but send me an eMail and I'll send you what I have. kbyrd0@comcast.net

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: