Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CRS Script Help

We have Cisco IP IVR's and use the CRS Editor for creating scripts that interact with our IPCC Enterprise systems. We also utilize TTS servers that are running Nuance's RealSpeak software. I need to create a script that will read a text file and play back the text via the TTS engine. The script also needs to then save what is played back as a new wav file.

So far I have used the "Create TTS Prompt" step to retrieve and play back the text file, but I do not know what steps to use to now save the prompt that is played as a new wav file on the system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

Re: CRS Script Help

Can I ask, why do you want to save this prompt?  Couldn't you just save the text instead?  I see you are retrieving from a text file, that makes my second question invalid.

I don't have TTS to test this with, but I did try this with a pseudo TTS prompt: N[123]

My only concern is, TTS might stream the audio to UCCX real time, instead of creating a temp .wav file.

Try this: create a document variable, and use the Set step to cast the TTS prompt into the document.

e.g.,

Set my_tts_doc = my_tts_prompt

In my test, this resulted in the following file being stored in my_doc:

FILE[C:\Progra~1\wfavvid\temp\1269979971535@1afbed7.wav]

Now you can do anything with this resulting document, like write it to disk:

Write Document(my_tts_doc to "C:\my_tts_prompt.wav")

Let me know if this works, I'm very curious.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Re: CRS Script Help

Thanks for the response Anthony.

We'd like to create static prompts using the voice currently on our TTS server.

I created the document variable (wavfile) and then Set wavfile = TTSPrompt. The problem I came across was that I couldn't successfully use the Write Document step because the file is not out there to open and write to. If I first create the file using a Create File Document step, the system didn't create a "wavfile.wav" file at all, but for some reason it created a folder named "RIFF2".

This may not be feasible due to what you mentioned... streaming audio real time.

Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content