cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA for ICM questions

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

I'm in the process of building ICM 7.0 in an isolated domain. We will have a total of eight servers. Two servers will be domain controllers (no ICM components on the DC's) and I have the DC's built already. I can't find in any of the documentation regarding the installation of CSA on the domain controllers. Should I install CSA on the domain controllers? If so, should I wait until all ICM components are installed on the member servers?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

CSA is only for cisco specific software, not for domain controllers that are just windows. For any of the servers that have ICM components, you can install CSA

View solution in original post

To clarify a point the FREE cersion of CSA that you can download from Cisco will only install on certain Cisco Voice Application platforms (Unity, CallManager, etc.) You can get CSA loaded onto just about any server or workstation you have in your network but you are going to have to pay for it by getting VMS and the buying the agent software license.

For the original poster it really won't make a differnece if you install the free version now or later but sooner than later is better. You will have to buy CSA licenses (and the VNS console) if you want to load CSA on your other servers. It is a great product and I highly recommend it.

Hope this helps.

Please rememeber to rate all replies

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

CSA is only for cisco specific software, not for domain controllers that are just windows. For any of the servers that have ICM components, you can install CSA

To clarify a point the FREE cersion of CSA that you can download from Cisco will only install on certain Cisco Voice Application platforms (Unity, CallManager, etc.) You can get CSA loaded onto just about any server or workstation you have in your network but you are going to have to pay for it by getting VMS and the buying the agent software license.

For the original poster it really won't make a differnece if you install the free version now or later but sooner than later is better. You will have to buy CSA licenses (and the VNS console) if you want to load CSA on your other servers. It is a great product and I highly recommend it.

Hope this helps.

Please rememeber to rate all replies

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I needed the clarification.

We may eventually buy the managed CSA solution, but it will be next year if we do. In the meantime, I will check out MS best practices on hardening the DC's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: