Views
Helpful
Replies

CSQ name on Agent phones

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`ve seen some posts on the above subject but for the Agent Desk Top as below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00806b136d.shtml

If I set the above up , will it effect the other CSQ`s  I have or is the actions above only relate to the CSQ, Script  the commend is used. The new CSQ is being tested so I can change it but I do not want to do the above if it effect the live Q as well

Is there anyway I can do this in CUCM or scripts? Again  in Nortel you can choose what the agent will display on the handset - any options with UCCX?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If I set the above up , will it effect the other CSQ`s  I have or is the actions above only relate to the CSQ, Script  the commend is used.

Using the Set Enterprise Data step will only impact the script on which you use it. Calls that are processed by other scripts will remain unchanged. Enterprise Data is not directly tied to the CSQ so be careful with your terminology. Behind the scenes this is passed directly to the CAD services; the ICD subsystem doesn't care about it.

Also be aware that the CSQ name is already displayed on the right Call Activity pane. You will see a row in the log showing the CSQ name and length of time the caller waited in queue.

Is there anyway I can do this in CUCM or scripts? Again  in Nortel you can choose what the agent will display on the handset - any options with UCCX?

If you are using CAD the answer is no. The phone is used purely as a media channel and does not display any other information about the call.
If you choose to use IP Phone Agent instead this is possible; however, you cannot use both CAD or IPPA for the same agent. That user would need to choose one or the other.

Hi Jon

Thanks for the replies. I tried to add the fields so the name can appear in the CAD however when I expand the Desktop Admin SW I can not see the options in the docs. we are runing UCCX Enhanced 7.x. I`ve attached a screen shot of our Desktop Admin options

Should we have the option in our version of UCCX?

thanks

You do have the option but it is not immediately obvious where to find it.

Open Desktop Administrator and click on Locations

Select Desktop Administrator from the menu along the top

Select Side A from the drop down menu

A web page will open - use the default username admin with no password

Click on Services Configuration to access the Enterprise Data menu option

Please rate if helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: