Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSQ's and skills

Lets get the usual stuff out of the way. Using IPCC Express Premium 4.0.5 with CM 4.2.3.

I've read through most of the other posts about how skills work inside CSQ's but I'm just having some trouble grasping the concept. I'm used to creating a skill, then a CSQ, then assigning the skill to that CSQ. When it's all said and done, I have (for example) 10 skills and 10 CSQ's.

I don't understand how you "queue" calls to a skill with IPCC Express.

Assume I have the following configured:

Skills:

English

French

Spanish

CSQ:

Airline-Reservation

Agents:

Agent 1 - English(5), Spanish(10)

Agent 2 - French(10)

Agent 3 - English(10), Spanish(5), French(7)

I make my CSQ, set it to Most Skilled, add English, French, Spanish to it with competancy levels of 5 for each. My script plays a menu for the customer to choose english, french, spanish. If the customer picks French, how does the CSQ know to route calls to agents 2 or 3 w/ French skills? I must be missing something because I thought you could only queue to a skill with IPCC enterprise.

Could someone lay this out and maybe post a sample script?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: CSQ's and skills

Instead of allocating multiple skills to a CSQ you should be allocating single skill per CSQ to accomplish your goal.

So you will have the following skills:

English

french

Spanish

with the following CSQs using Most Skilled Algorithm:

English - skill: English (5)

French - skill: french (5)

Spanish - skill: Spanish (5)

now, let's say you have agents that can handle multiple languages, consider the following agents:

Joe - skills: Eng(10), Fre(5), Spa (5)

Jose - skills: Eng(7), Spa (10)

Mary - skills: Eng(7), Fre(10)

Now a call comes into the call center and a menu is played to press 1 for English, 2 for French, 3 for Spanish, a caller presses 1, assuming all of the available agents are ready the call goes to Joe, the second call will go to either Jose or Mary (longest idle will be used as they are equal skill level).

Let's say another call comes in and a caller presses 3 for Spanish. The first call will be delivered to Jose, and the second call will go to Joe, Mary will not be able to handle these calls as she does not have Spanish skill set.

Similarly for French.

If you start combining multiple skills per CSQ it gets a little bit more complicated, but the same principal applies.

HTH,

Chris

3 REPLIES

if your customer picks french you already know that is the skill required and when you do the agent select statement you have in your script that statement where CSQ target is French.

It will then obviously deliver calls to agents that has french skills associated with CSQ french.

Hope it helps.

Baseer.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Instead of allocating multiple skills to a CSQ you should be allocating single skill per CSQ to accomplish your goal.

So you will have the following skills:

English

french

Spanish

with the following CSQs using Most Skilled Algorithm:

English - skill: English (5)

French - skill: french (5)

Spanish - skill: Spanish (5)

now, let's say you have agents that can handle multiple languages, consider the following agents:

Joe - skills: Eng(10), Fre(5), Spa (5)

Jose - skills: Eng(7), Spa (10)

Mary - skills: Eng(7), Fre(10)

Now a call comes into the call center and a menu is played to press 1 for English, 2 for French, 3 for Spanish, a caller presses 1, assuming all of the available agents are ready the call goes to Joe, the second call will go to either Jose or Mary (longest idle will be used as they are equal skill level).

Let's say another call comes in and a caller presses 3 for Spanish. The first call will be delivered to Jose, and the second call will go to Joe, Mary will not be able to handle these calls as she does not have Spanish skill set.

Similarly for French.

If you start combining multiple skills per CSQ it gets a little bit more complicated, but the same principal applies.

HTH,

Chris

Right on. This makes sense - some of the other posts I read made it seem like you could create 1 CSQ then queue the calls to a specific skill.

Thanks

Paco

Views
Helpful
Replies