Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSS for outbound transfers from CCX 7

I'm running into a road block that I'm sure is simple, but I can't figure out what is happening.

We have 2 CSS that we use.  One sends calls out our NY switch, the other our Philly switch.  Right now everything is going out the NY switch, but I need to change it so that all IVR applications that send calls out the PSTN are sending them out the Philly switch.  I can easily tell if this is working or not based upon the caller ID that appears.

I've changed the CSS associated with the CTI Route Points in CCX Admin, updated and resynced.  However the calls continue to go out of New York.  I changed the CSS for the individual DNs (triggers) both in App Management and in the UCM with no luck.

Any ideas as to what I am missing and/or why this is not working to send calls out the Philly CSS?  The partitions for Philly are different than New York, already checked that.  Set my test phone to the Philly CSS and that works fine, just unable to get it to work on the UCCX.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

The calls do not originate from CTI route points, they originate from CTI ports. Did you change the CSS on those as well?

Chris

Sorry, meant Route Ports, not Route Points.  Yes, the Route Ports were changed to the Philly CSS..

Can you describe the call flow logic, are you simply using call redirect step in the script?

Did you change the CSS within UCCX telephony subsystem page or on CUCM?  Did you reset them after the change?

Chris

Just using a redirect step in the call flow after caller presses option for repair.

Made the change within the telephony subsystem, under Advanced Directory Numer Information (DN Calling Search Space).  After making the change, clicked update, and resynced (took about 50 minutes to resync).

So, when you look at these cti ports in CUCM do they reflect the change?  Have you tried resetting the ports in CUCM?  Should only take couple of minutes depending on how mnay you have.

How is CUCM configured, does the CSS have access to only route pattners in paritions for Philly locations, which points to Philly RL, RG, gateways? If you assign this CSS to a phone and make a phone call does the call go out of Philly?

You mentioned that some ports are configured for Philly and others for NY, do you have 2 seperate cti groups in CUCM and assigning these based on the trigger?

Chris

Yes they do reflect the change.  They show as the Philly CSS as compated to the NY CSS.  There are 600 CTI Ports, so I have not tried to reset them in UCM yet.  I would need to schedule another maintenance window to complete that.

The Philly CSS has the Philly Partition as well as the Internal Partition.  NY CSS has the NY Partition as well as the Internal Partition.  Each has their own configuration (New York is H.323 and Philly is SIP).

I added the Philly CSS to my test phone at my desk and that works fine, it does call out the Philly CSS.

All ports are currently configured (or should be) to the Philly CSS.  Previously they were on the NY CSS.  All of them need to be on the Philly CSS.  I only mentioned that we had 2 CSS that we use.  CTI ports should be using the Philly CSS and phones should be using the NY CSS. 

Is CSS only applied to the directory number or the device as well?

Are you using Local Route groups feature by any chance?

You may need to look at MIVR logs on UCCX and ccm sdi traces on CUCM to see what is going on.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content