Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CTI Integration with Seibel

Do we have any guide of installing Cisco Unified Connecter for Siebel in the linux server? If not, can it be installed in the windows server 2008?

5 REPLIES

Re: CTI Integration with Seibel

The CTI Driver for Siebel is supported only on Microsoft Windows 2003 Server R2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_8_5/reference/guide/icm85_bom.pdf#page57

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

CTI Driver implementation for

CTI Driver implementation for Siebel is windows based application integration, if you have a Linux environment with the Application Object Manager (AOM) running then you can create a Linux node for Windows and get the application drivers installed on the Windows Server.

One such application integration provider is AMC Technology that integrates all Cisco variants like UCCE, UCCX and UCM Tapi. The Siebel Adapter from AMC Technology is Windows based so it can be easily deployed in any Linux based environments. 

Please contact Sales@amctechnology.com for further information.

Thanks!

Shariq

SME, CTI Integration 

Re: CTI Integration with Seibel

Hina,

Sieble connector basically installs on Sieble Communication server which can be Linux or Windows. You don't need to any thing at IPCC end just provide connector to Sieble team and also provide them a "def" file where they will add ctios server IP addresses and ports thats it.

I have integrated IPCC with Sieble where communication server was on Win2k8 and i believe it is windows 2k8 R2 and we didn't face any problem. Therefore it depends on Sieble team which OS they are using for communication server.

In addition to this there is another fiel called Data server you don't need to install it as well. It just requires if you have different Agent PGs.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Installing Sibele is just a 2 step.

Sheeraz, thank you very much for your reply .. can you please tell me from where can i get this connector and definition file?

You can find the connector setup folder in CTIOS setup folder with name "Siebel75plus". Ok, here i don't know which version of UCCE you are usign but from IPCC 7.5 to 8.5.x the same connector is used. May be you read some document which shows for UCCE 8.5 there will Sieble Connector 8.5 but thats not true so don't get confuse.

About the def file i don't exactly remember the its place but if you read Ctios Installation guide or Sibele connector installaiton guide you will find the path of that file. Basically "def" is the extension of that notepad file. You will find the path easily while reading the ctios installation guide.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content