Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cti ports and application user

Hello, Can anyone explain to me why when I create cti ports I have to add those cti ports to an application user and sometimes I don't need a cti port associated to an application user in cucm version 8. For example when we configure 911 we created a cti route point, and cti ports for CER server but no application user was not associated in cucm. Where as when we added our ucce call center we created cti route point, cti ports and created two application user called one use was associated cti ports and other ucce components such as cvp or I've and another application user with cvp and cisco desk phones what's the difference when you do associate cti ports to application user and when you don't associate them? Thanks,
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

All CTI based applications

All CTI based applications need to have CTI RP and Ports associated with corresponding app user, for CER you do need to associate CTI RP and CTI ports with the app user, otherwise they don't register and don't work. Are your CER ports showing registered? If so they are associated with either application or end user.

Chris

Why do cti ports need to be

Why do cti ports need to be associated to a application user in regards to CER and call center?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Because that is the

Because that is the architecture of CTI applications, CTI devices are monitored by JTAPI via integration user account.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies