cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI route point and CTI ports not registering - UCCX 10.5 and CUCM 10.5 - PARTIAL SERVICE

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to integrate CUCM 10.5 and UCCX 10.5.

For some reason CTI route point and CTI ports are not registering on the CUCM and the status of the UCCX is "PARTIAL SERVICE".

On the UCCX Cisco Unified CCX Engine is in status "PARTIAL SERVICE" and the Unified CM Telephony Subsystem shows status "OUT OF SERVICE".

I tried with completely new installation of UCCX twice and got the same result twice.

But when I tried integrating UCCX 10 with the same CUCM 10.5 from above everything works fine and all the ports are registering right away.

In all the cases I have done the same configuration.

The versions of CUCM is 10.5.2.10000-5.

The version of UCCX is 10.5.1.10000-24.

The version of UCCX 10 with which it works fine is 10.0.1.11001-37.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kasper,

This seems to be defect.

Kindly check this defect

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq26061

Workaround is to create common device configuration with ipv4 only and apply to cti port

Regards

Srikanth

View solution in original post

Have you tried running BAT to update the ports directly in CUCM?

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco CUCM Version : 10.5

Cisco UCCX Version : 10.5

Issue:

The UCCX agents were not receiving incoming calls.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Verified the registration status of UCCX CTI Ports and CTI Route Points – registration status was “Unregistered”
  2. Verified the status of Cisco UCCX services under UCCX Serviceability and found out that the Unified CM Telephony Subsystem is OUT_OF_SERVICE.
  3. Verified JTAPI Application user for CTI Ports and CTI Route Point association.
  4. Verified RMCM Application user for Agent Phones Associated.
  5. Restarted Cisco UCCX Engine Service – did not resolve the issue
  6. Restarted Cisco UCCX Server – did not resolve the issue
  7. Restarted CTI service on CUCM Publisher and Subscriber-1 – did not resolve the issue
  8. Changed the CTI Service Providers under UCCX and CUCM integration – did not resolve the issue
  9. Deleted Cisco UCCX Call Control Group and Recreated – did not resolve the issue
  10. Restarted the Cisco UCCX Engine Service again– did not resolve the issue
  11. Restarted Cisco UCCX Server again – did not resolve the issue
  12. Enabled the debug logs on the UCCX server
  13. Restarted Cisco UCCX Engine Service to generate fresh debug logs
  14. Collected Cisco UCCX Engine MIVR logs
  15. Found the below error message in the logs:

3028: Feb 02 16:31:17.972 EST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:Sleeping 5 secs to re-register for CTI Port: 2471, payload[2]: 0=G711ALAW64K, 1=G711ULAW64K, max frame: 30 ms, after getting error CTIERR_IPADDRMODE_MISMATCH[0x8ccc00f3]=Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capabilitycom.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRegistrationExceptionImpl: Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability

3029: Feb 02 16:31:17.972 EST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-EXCEPTION:com.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRegistrationExceptionImpl: Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability

This error message indicates that the UCCX CTI Ports, CTI Route Points and Agent Phones supports only IPv4 Addressing Mode. This configuration parameter is under “Common Device Configuration” in Cisco Unified CM.

Solution:

1. Configured a separate “Common Device Configuration” with IP Addressing Mode as IPv4 only.
  2. Updated UCCX CTI Ports, CTI Route Points and Agent Phones in CUCM with new common device configuration profile.
  3. Restarted Cisco UCCX Engine Service
  4. Verified the registration status of UCCX CTI Ports and CTI Route Points – registration status “ Registered”
  5. Verified the status of Cisco UCCX services under UCCX Serviceability and Unified CM Telephony Subsystem is now IN_SERVICE

I hope this will help someone who is facing the similar issue.

Thanks,

Vaijanath Sonvane

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

26 Replies 26

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

In the MIVR log I found this:

16172: Jan 25 11:31:27.903 CET %MIVR-SS_TEL-3-EXCEPTION:com.cisco.wfapi.subsystem.WFSubsystemException: Unable to register CTI Port: 520; nested exception is: 
16173: Jan 25 11:31:27.903 CET %MIVR-SS_TEL-3-EXCEPTION: com.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRegistrationExceptionImpl: Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability

A google search for Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability returns 0 hits.

Hi Kasper,

This seems to be defect.

Kindly check this defect

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq26061

Workaround is to create common device configuration with ipv4 only and apply to cti port

Regards

Srikanth

Hi Srikanth,

I created a new common device configuration in CUCM (please see attached screenshot) and applied it to the CTI Route Point, restarted the CTI Manager service but that didn't help. It doesn't register.

And when I try to apply it to the CTI ports I'm unable to save since there is an error message stating that the name of the port should not contain underscore "_" but the ports are automatically created to contain "_" in the name. 

This needs to be applied to the CTI ports not CTI RP, there should be no underscore unless you defined the device prefix on the integration to use it. Can you post the telephony subsystem screenshot?

After applying it to the CTI route port, restarting services and syncing, the CTI route port is now registered. The CTI ports are still unregistered as I'm not able to apply the setting there.

Attached is a screenshot of the "Telephony Call Control Group". Device name prefix is IT and the names of the created ports are IT_300,IT_301.

Regards.

Have you tried deleting the group and re-creating or adding another one?

Yes I tried. The new CTI ports appear as expected but are not registering (probably due to the IPv6 issue).

Regards.

Can you select different Common Device Config with ipv4 only when building the ports?

Not sure I understand what you mean. I'm not manually creating the ports. They appear automatically in CUCM after creating a Call Control Group on CCX.

I know how the appear, what I am suggesting is delete the CTI group (CTI ports) you've created and re-add them in CCX with the proper "common device configuration", or you can simply add another CTI Group with new ports.

Sorry but I'm not following. Is there a way to define "common device configuration" in CCX? 

When you build the ports and press show more button is there not an option to select desired one? If  not then try changing it in CUCM.

These (attached screenshot) are the options that appear when I press show more in the Call Control Group configuration. Nothing about "common device configuration".

Have you tried running BAT to update the ports directly in CUCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: