Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CTIOS Client: Enabling Chat & Agent Stats

Working with CTIOS client in a lab (8.5).  Have one agent and one supervisor (spv configured as spv of agent on team).  Two issues:

1)  Chat: 

a) I AM able to send chat from the agent to the spv.  However, the window does not automatically pop up on the spv's desktop.

b) I CANNOT send a chat (or response) from the spv to the agent.  When I try, I get a message that the agent is not a spv of their team and they are

only allowed to chat w/ spv's of their team.

I have checked the registry settings for both the agent (agentchatlevel) and spv (supervisorchatlevel) and set both to Unrestricted.  After doing this, I did log out of the desktops and close and reopen, but did not cycle the CTIOS servers if that's required.  Or is it some other setting I'm missing?

2) Agent Stats:

On the Spv's desktop (CTI Toolkit Stats window), I am able to see the Skill Group stats (and therefore can see that my agent is logged  on).  However, no data displays in the Agent stats window.  Some other setting I need to check for this?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

4 REPLIES

CTIOS Client: Enabling Chat & Agent Stats

1. Yes, cycle ctios. 

2. Do you have the latest version of UCCE?  Can you post a screen shot of the agent desktop?  What OS?

david

Re: CTIOS Client: Enabling Chat & Agent Stats

Thanks David.  That took care of issue 1a.  However, still no automatic pop of the chat windows and still can't see agent stats on the spv desktop (and they have been taking calls).  The CTIOS server (working in virtual environment) is Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) - Supervisor Desktop is 8.5.5 - CTIOS server software is 8.5.3.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the Spv Desktop.

Any chance you have a firewall on your desktop or anything else which might block some ports?

david

No firewall David, but I figured out both problems.  Regarding poping the chat window, it's actually a beep, set here:

The chat window can be configured to beep, every time a new message arrives. To make the Chat control beep every time a new message arrives, set the following registry key to a non-zero value.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\CTI Desktop\CtiOs\BeepOnMsgReceived

If the registry key does not exist, or if its value is set to zero, the Chat control will not beep.

Regarding the agent stats, I had to pull up another window to find them :-)

Thanks for your input.

Views
Helpful
Replies