cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS encountered an error and needs to close

PVYAPA
Level 1
Level 1

We frequently get the "CTIOS encountered an error and needs to close" while trying to launch CTIOS desktop( CTI out of box). This usually gets fixed when we reinstall the application. But this issue is so frequent that i am wondering what the root cause may be and fix for that,  instead of reinstalling the app every time this issue occurs.Any help on this is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Check the CTIOS log files on the client. Maybe they will shed some light on your problem. CTIOS is typically very solid and reliable, and most people have no issues with it. There must be something on the machine it doesn't like.  I'm guessing that the problem occurs on an agent's machine, with the full complement of bibs and bobs your company users, and one that is locked down to user's rights. Correct?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for your quick response Geoff , Unfortunately the desktop does not write anything in the client log files when it shows this error. I assumed that this has something to do with the corruption of  DLL files. I am not sure how to trace back to the roots.I have seen many posts in this forum who faced  the same problem, so thought some one would have found some alternative solution than reinstalling the application.

Thanks for your help.

This could be a user permissions issue. CTIOS users need to have access to the system registry, so they should either be at least power users on their machine or have manually defined permissions to the Cisco registry settings and program folder.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: