cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS Features

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

Looking to see if the following features are present and/or editable/configurable in CTIOS:

1. Threshold Indicators in CTIOS Supervisor - ex. when calls queued are over 5 minutes: turn into red color (just like in CAD)

2. Any way to make some of the unused buttons in CTIOS disappear - like the Alt/Reconn button?

3. If agents are logged out, is it possible to make them disappear from the CTI Toolkit Team Real-time Status window so it only shows agents logged in?

Are these do-able through the DEV kit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Removal of the button, and resizing the app to suit the "hole", is a simple thing. Install Visual Studio 2005 and install the CTIOS Toolkit, then open the sample Agent Desktop solution and make the change, recompile.

See screenshot attached.

I don't believe that the threshold change "in situ" is possible. But you do have access to the data in the CTIOS server, and a talented programmer could add a polling function to fetch the same data and display it in a suitable manner, including colours etc. The Programming Guide describes the functions to use to access skill group data. This is trickier.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Our developers have done all sort of great stuff with the CTIOS dev kit, so I don't see why you would not be able to do so.

david

A man has to know his limitations. ;-)

I have done lots of things with the CTIOS Toolkit - I'll talk in VB.NET terms, although other languages are available.

Although you can do a great deal with the sample CTIOS Agent Desktop, remember that it is just a .NET container for a bunch of ActiveX objects that do the heavy lifting.

You cannot access the internals of the ActiveX objects, although you have access to the events and methods they expose.

You can easily remove the Alt/Reconnect object from the container.

I don't think you can change the Real Time Status window - the whole thing is an object. I could be wrong, of course. Similarly with access to the agent Tool that shows calls in queue.

Have you considered CAD? I know it does not scale well, and has some interesting bugs of its own, but is it a possibility?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, thanks for the input. Customer actually does have both CAD and CTIOS in the same environment. They were strickly CAD before and now we introduced CTIOS given the flexibility of the app from CAD. Unfortunately, out of the box it's pretty basic. I'm not a developer so I'm trying to see if some of the requests they have are even feasable.

I take it to remove the Alt/Reconn button is a DEV thing? Any idea if the threshold thing is possible too?

Removal of the button, and resizing the app to suit the "hole", is a simple thing. Install Visual Studio 2005 and install the CTIOS Toolkit, then open the sample Agent Desktop solution and make the change, recompile.

See screenshot attached.

I don't believe that the threshold change "in situ" is possible. But you do have access to the data in the CTIOS server, and a talented programmer could add a polling function to fetch the same data and display it in a suitable manner, including colours etc. The Programming Guide describes the functions to use to access skill group data. This is trickier.

Regards,

Geoff

geoff, many thanks for the info. this definitely helps me out...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: