cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS Silent Monitoring - no sound heard

rajan-sbc
Level 1
Level 1

Running XP service Pack3 on the supervisor CTIOS 7.2.9X desktop. Agent phone has span to PC enabled. We click voice monitoring for an agent in talking state - but do not hear anything. Any specific things for checking the nic card of the lap top? The laptop is connected to the Phone. Thanks

8 Replies 8

cvenour
Level 1
Level 1

First step is to go through the Troubleshooting CTIOS Bases Silent Monitoring section of the CTIOS Troubleshooting Guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ctios/ctios7_2/troubleshooting/guide/ctits.pdf

Next thing to check is if the Laptop has a NIC which supports NDIS promiscuity mode - refer to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps14/prod_system_requirements0900aecd800e3149.pdf

"The NIC is required to provide network

connectivity on the default data VLAN, while being able to capture voice packets on a different VLAN (voice VLAN) simultaneously. Some NICs are able to accomplish this task while others MAY not. In

order to help with deployments, Cisco has tested the most common NICs with driver versions as listed in the table below. Be advised that there is a possibility for a specific NIC card to behave differently

with different driver versions or operating systems. If a combination of NIC / operating system / driver version is not specifically listed below, it is recommended to test them using instructions in the CTI OS

System Manager's Guide (see Appendix A, "Testing an Ethernet Card for Silent Monitor") for NIC testing information before deploying them with Silent Monitor."

You can find information about testing NIC cards in the CTIOS System Manager's Guide - Appendix A.

Regards,

Corey.

Was this working before? What type of NIC card is it? Can you remove SP3 and try again? I think I saw someone on here say that SP3 was giving them some issues, might be related.

david

I have installed alot of CTI desktop, mostly the problem relate to the firewall of PC.

Open the Network Card on status, if we can see the received packets increase 100 packets average in 1 second, that will ok with silent monitor.

Please try to turn off the firewall and include delete in exception then reinstall the CTI OS.

Check on Task Manager if the service SilentMonitor is running.

guys, i have installed the CTIOS server with silent monitoring. They are using two types of NIC one is Broad Com Extreme which i found in guide the cisco doesn't support for Silent Monitoring and the 2nd one is Broad Com Net Link which cisco supprts with some registry chnage which i have done also on agent machine. now when i press the silent monitoring button i got error code = 0x1000000C Silent Monitoring Session failed and causes may be Agent mahicne is not connected with hardphone or the NIC is not compatible while Agent PC is connected in a daisy chain pattern and NIC is compatible after having the required registry change.

So, I'm assuming you're using CTIOS based monitoring, correct?  Also, your PC connected off the back of the phone?  To be honest with me silent monitoring has always worked for me, but it just takes a lot of trail and error.  Do the silent monitoring test before and after making the registry changes to ensure that you're actually seeing the correct packets.

david

In my opinion, there are only THREE reasons to not use CUCM-based Silent Monitoring from CTIOS or CAD:

(a) your CUCM is old (pre 6.x)

(b) your phones don't have the built-in bridge - 79[4,6]0

(c) your UCCE doesn't support it (pre 7.2)

If you can use CUCM-based Silent Monitoring, and most installations these days can, it offers many advantages.

Regards,

Geoff

Another reason, having to do with phones is you can't use UCM monitoring if your agents are using soft phones (ip communicator).

david

Thanks - yes, no built-in bridge there.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: