Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS6.0 login problems

chinmay.b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am using CTIOS6.0,with CTIOS desktop6.0,and ICM6.0,IPQM,CCm4.1(3)

I logon to the CTI OS dektop client and no buttons on the CTI OS dektop are active

But the agent desktop shows connected to the IP address of the CTI server.

but after round 10 -15 second it gives timeout error .

cud anyone help me out in this

regards

Chinmay

4 Replies 4

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

When a CTI/OS Client launches, it connects and first receives a logon profile then enables the logon button. Then you click the logon button, fill out the Agent, Extention and Device ID and press logon it connects again from the information received in the prior connection logon profile. One example is, if you loaded the Client with the CTI/OS Server IP Addresses the logon profile may have returned hostnames and the logon process is trying to connect to a hostname that it cannot resolve.

The CTI/OS Troubleshooting doc goes into much more detail on this and some suggestions to correct among other potential issues.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/icmentpr/icm60doc/icm6cti/ctios60/index.htm

/Jeff

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I agree with Jeff.

Also, check both forms of NSLOOKUP from the agent machine in question - forward (on host name) and backward (on IP address).

Examination of the CTIOS Soft Phone log files may help - you may need to increase the trace level.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks guys for your help.

I was checking the logs in CTI process and could see that it says "Invalid Instrument" with the exising device targets configured in ICM.

So I created a new instument and tried to login ,and it worked.

Regards,

chinmay

hi Chinmay.

m also getting the same error as u just posted.

this is a lab setup and icm components are installed on the same machine. donno if that makes difference.