Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCCX 5.0(2) LDAP Integration and AD

I have recently migrated a Customer from CCM 3.3(4) & IPCCX 3.1(3) to CUCM6.1(2) & CUCCX 5.0(2).

As part of this project LDAP synchronisation and Authentication was configured on the CUCM and the AXL API Interface was created between CUCM & CUCCX. Everything is working fine to date.

However, the customer has come to me since migration and said that some Visual Basic (VB) Scripts they used to run on the IPCCX are now not working due to authentication errors.

Basically their Helpdesk used the VB Scripts to change the name of .wav files so that a different mesage could be played if people called the Helpdesk during a major IT related incident - e.g if a vital server crashed a load of calls would be received at the Helpdesk so theywould change the opening greeting of the queu to say they were aware of the outage and working on it. This would stop the helpdesk queue from becoming jammed.

The VB script originally used an OS Administrator/password credential to "log on" to the IPCCX and change the filename in the appropriate directory. The original IPCCX server was a member server in the Customers Active Directory.

What I would like to know is whether the new CUCCX Servers (they now have failover) can become member Servers in AD as well as having the synchronisation and authentication functionality via the AXL API ? It is my understanding that LDAP Integration is via CUCM OR via AD.

In this set-up do the OS credentials still get authenticated via AXL or locally to the CUCCX server ?

Can anyone recommend an easy but different way to solve this problem ?

Many thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: CUCCX 5.0(2) LDAP Integration and AD

I'm sorry to tell you that the customer will need to find another solution for a multitude of reasons:

-Joining the UCCX servers to AD is not a supported configuration. I would be willing to bet that TAC would say they are unsupported for running VB scripts on the server as well.

-The prompts directory on the file system is populated from the SQL database when the services start. The contents are wiped out and replaced from the Prompt repository. They should putting a prompt in the Prompt repository and "refreshing" it which causes it to be synced down to the disk.

-UCCX 8 will be a Linux appliance and you will no longer have access to the file system similar to UCM. This will also cause their VB scripts to be unworkable.

...There are probably other reasons that haven't come to mind yet.

There are ways they could go about getting this working. The "easiest" is to make the prompt variable a parameter that can be modified with appadmin but this isn't very automated. Another is to write a script that authenticates the user (the help desk supervisor) and allows them to record the contents of the WAV file. The script can upload it to the prompt repository and another script can play it back to the callers.

The "best" way to approach this is with a Text To Speech (TTS) server and a database query. The ticketing system database returns a string field and a TTS server generates a response that UCCX plays to the caller dynamically. UCCX can integrate with a Nuance or IBM WebSphere TTS engine using MRCP.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Re: CUCCX 5.0(2) LDAP Integration and AD

Jonathon,

Many thanks for the answer and I apologise for my slow response back to you.

I have advised my Customer accordingly.

many thanks,

Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies