Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUCCX 7.0(1) SR5 Appadmin authentication issues

Hello,

I have a brand new installation of CUCCX 7.0(1) SR5 (SA).   I ran the initial configuration after install and selected the CUCM accounts that I wanted to grant access to appadmin.   Now I cannot access the appadmin at all.   Our CUCM user accounts are integrated with AD.   When I run a network capture, I see traffic going from CUCCX to one of my subscribers when I try to log in.   I'm a little confused how I'm authenticating when logging into appadmin when my CUCM accounts are in AD.   I'm I authenticating against CUCM or one of my DCs?   Any suggestions where I can look to correct this?

Thanks,

Glenn

6 REPLIES

Re: CUCCX 7.0(1) SR5 Appadmin authentication issues

Glenn,

Unlike Windows and Call Manager, both usernames and passwords are case sensitive in UCCX.  Make sure you use the correct case for both!

As to your AD integration question; UCCX uses Call Manager to validate users.  Call Manager does the AD lookup/authentication for UCCX.   Ensure the users you selected for appadmin access are in CallManager's End User database and are listed as active users.

Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Steven,

Thanks for the reply.   The username and password are correct because I can log into the ccmuser page with the same username and password.   If authentication is failing, shouldn't I see an entry in the security log of CUCM?

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn,

Call Manager does not care about the case of the username whereas UCCX does care.  Check Active Directory Users and Computers.  Does the user you selected as the UCCX admin have any UPPERCASE letters in the username?   If so, you must include them in your username when logging into appadmin on UCCX,

Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Steven,

I was able to correct my problem yesterday by re-running the initial setup and pointing to the CUCM publisher as my first choice AXL server.   I had assumed I could authenticate through either the Pub or Sub but apparently this is not the case.

Thanks,

Glenn

Out of curiosity, is this the case, that you cannot authenticate in CUCCX 7.0(1) on a CUCM Subscriber?

John,

Yes that is correct.   When pointing CUCCX to the subscriber, I was unable to get authenticated and logged into the appadmin pages.

Thanks,

Glenn

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content