Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCCX and Wallboards

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I've configured a wallboard to pull information from RtCSQsSummary and RtICDStatistics.  Works fine, but these tables don't have enough information like which agents are currently logged in, what their states are, etc.  I understand that there are other tables, but any SQL statement I put together that gives me the information I need from these other tables can take up to four minutes to query.  My understanding is that beside the two Rt tables, no other tables are recommended by Cisco for querying because they're constantly being hammered (and I can see CPU utilization spike 15 percent when I try).  How do you pull specific agent information from other tables if you can't run an SQL query?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Real-time data can only be gathered through the UCCX CTI protocol which requires a fair amount of investment to utilize. You're better off sticking with the two Rt tables or purchasing a solution that has this built in.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

View solution in original post

Hi,

I guess a bit (a fair bit) of both time and money.

In UCCE, you have a mature(ish) programming interface for both Java and .Net (and also other older approaches like ActiveX if you insist), provided by Cisco.

Similar wrappers are available for UCCX by third party vendors (for money).

Or, you can do that yourself, the documenation is available at the Cisco Developer website.

Good luck.

G.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Oops. I am afraid I didn't explain in detail that CTI is a broader term, in general, means any computer-telephony integration. All the big players (Avaya, Cisco, Siemens) have their CTI implementations. It's just a way of naming the programmatic control of a phone system by using a computer.
The Cisco UCCX CTI protocol, however, is Cisco's own implementation, in the context of their own contact center. Yes, the naming may be misleading, but this is their choice.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

10 Replies 10

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you already know the answer.  If you need real time data, you use the wallboard user and pull from the two real time tables.

If you need configuration or call detail record data, you use the HRC user and pull from all of the other tables.

That's the black and white answer.

Now, do some people pull configuration data in real time?  Yes, they do.  Should they?  Probably not.

But it's your system, and if you can afford a 15% increase in CPU, then why not do it?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hey Anthony,

Doesn't add up.  I get a 15 percent spike just fron one wallboard, most places use more than one.  There's no way to pull these stats?  We can only do SQL queries?

Real-time data can only be gathered through the UCCX CTI protocol which requires a fair amount of investment to utilize. You're better off sticking with the two Rt tables or purchasing a solution that has this built in.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

This is what I was looking for - "CTI protocol".  By investment, I'm guessing you mean "learning curve", or "time investment"?  It may be worth my time to go through the trouble.  Are there any books or resources you can recommend?

Hi,

I guess a bit (a fair bit) of both time and money.

In UCCE, you have a mature(ish) programming interface for both Java and .Net (and also other older approaches like ActiveX if you insist), provided by Cisco.

Similar wrappers are available for UCCX by third party vendors (for money).

Or, you can do that yourself, the documenation is available at the Cisco Developer website.

Good luck.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thank you for replying.  Am I wrong about this, I can't seem to find any books on CTI programming on Amazon.  Odd, no?  Cisco is the only resource for this?  Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing?

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, yes, I am afraid the Cisco Developer web is the only source. I am not aware of any other published book or other documentation available.
It's Cisco's own proprietary protocol, after all, they have the only implementation of it. The number of products using it might also be limited, I am not even aware of any Desktop Application apart from the official Cisco Agent Desktop. But I am absolutely sure there are companies and projects using that protocol in some way. It would be a good start to look up such a company and ask them to cooperate. I myself tried to use a similar protocol, the Application Gateway one (GED-145), for Cisco UCCE, without talking to anyone first. It was a struggle to understand it and even more to build something with it. If you choose this way, you might want to take a look at a project like Netty or Apache Mina. After all, UCCX CTI protocol is all about sending a bunch of bytes and reading a bunch of bytes - raw socket communication.
G.

I don't think it's their own protocol and that they have the only implementation of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_telephony_integration .  Avaya apparently uses it as well.  Still, resources for CTI development seems to be a very closed thing, which is an issue for any progressive organization looking to do its own development.  Dissapointing.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Oops. I am afraid I didn't explain in detail that CTI is a broader term, in general, means any computer-telephony integration. All the big players (Avaya, Cisco, Siemens) have their CTI implementations. It's just a way of naming the programmatic control of a phone system by using a computer.
The Cisco UCCX CTI protocol, however, is Cisco's own implementation, in the context of their own contact center. Yes, the naming may be misleading, but this is their choice.
G.

Interesting.  Well, now that that's cleared up   Still, the age of closed systems is slowly coming to an end.  These days, if I can't go on Stack Overflow and find a community of people talking about how to indepedently extend an implementation the way they need to, it makes it harder to justify purchasing it.  It is a bit suprising that Cisco doesn't add a LOT more information in the real-time tables, doesn't feel like there's a good technical reason for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: