cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCCX Partial Service

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

by mistake I added this post to Unified Communication Applications forum and it should here, below is what I wrote in my previous post

=======================

=======================

Hi all,

I do not have enough experience in CUCCX , and I faced a problem today and it was solved but I just need to make sure that what I did was true.

I adjusted a script based on one of the predefined scripts in CUCCX and I uploaded to the server. the server becomes in Partial service and the application manager was out of service.

I was using CUCCX script editor which is installed on the server it self. and I saved the file (save as) to the same file where all other scripts are there and then the application manager became out of service. once I removed the file from the file the application manager went to in service and every thing is working fine.

Does it make sense ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Script Repository is held within the database. The engine replicates the files contained within the repo to the local disk for faster execution at runtime. The user is supposed to interact only with the repo through the product UIs, not the file system copy. This rule isn't feasible to enforce in Windows but is in Linux (i.e. version 8.0 and above). Cisco has locked you out of the file system entirely, save one directory that scripts can use as a temp/work directory.

Additionally, you modified the contents of the system scripts folder. These files are never supposed to be modified, only used as templates. I'm not at all surprised that the engine crashed when you changed them.

Going forward you can open the icd.aef from within the editor (File > New, choose ICD). Save the modified script to your desktop or another user-level folder. Finally, use the /appadmin UI to upload the script into the Script Repository and associate it to your application.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Two things:

1. AppMgr probably went out of service because you have an error in your script. Did it pass validation in the editor? Remember that the scripts are Java code that must be parsed by the engine. If you "wrote" bad code, it can definitely crash the system.
  2. You need to save the script into the Script Repository, not the file system! You can do this through the editor directly depending on the version or throug the /appadmin UI.

Thank you too much for your reply

regaridng your points:

1- yes I validated the script and it was OK

2- Could you please tell me the difference between file system and Script Repostory?

I am using CUCCX 7

this is exactly what I did:

1- Remote desktop to CUCCX server

2- Open CCX editor from the server itself.

3- file >> Open >> and select icd script

4- I added some objects.

5- save as and I changed the name of icd and save in the same folder

6- login to CUCCX app and upload the script to script management.

once I removed the adjusted script from that folder the app manager become in service.

Here what I did,

I did NOT install Cisco Unifed CCX Editor to my PC so, I accesed the CCX SERVER itself using remote desktop.

Start>> Programs >> CCX>> Cisco Unifed CCX Editor

File >> Open.

C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Scripts\system\default and then I selected icd.aef

I did some changes and then I saved the file in the same location but I changed the name (save as) icd2.aef

then upload the new script to Script Management

after that I faced the problem and it had been solved after removing the script from this folder

C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Scripts\system\default

So, is this the cause why the server became in Partial Service ??

Regards,

The Script Repository is held within the database. The engine replicates the files contained within the repo to the local disk for faster execution at runtime. The user is supposed to interact only with the repo through the product UIs, not the file system copy. This rule isn't feasible to enforce in Windows but is in Linux (i.e. version 8.0 and above). Cisco has locked you out of the file system entirely, save one directory that scripts can use as a temp/work directory.

Additionally, you modified the contents of the system scripts folder. These files are never supposed to be modified, only used as templates. I'm not at all surprised that the engine crashed when you changed them.

Going forward you can open the icd.aef from within the editor (File > New, choose ICD). Save the modified script to your desktop or another user-level folder. Finally, use the /appadmin UI to upload the script into the Script Repository and associate it to your application.

Thank you for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: