cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CUCM 7.1(5) UCCX 8.0(2) and TAPS

Greetings,

Is there anyway to get TAPS to work with UCCX 8.0(2) and CUCM 7.1(5).  I'm thinking of tring it by building a CUCM 8.x server and then seeing if the taps file is available, but before going to that trouble I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Mark

12 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CUCM 7.1(5) UCCX 8.0(2) and TAPS

Hi

As per the compatibility matrix CUCM 7.1(5) should work with UCCX 8.0(2) including TAPS.

Page 34

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Please follow the section "Configuring Tool for Auto-Registered Phones Support (TAPS)" in the link below to install/configure TAPS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/configuration/guide/uccx801ag.pdf

Hope this helps

Anuj

I know you are most likely not responsible for that document, but that is one terribly written document on configuring TAPS for UCCX 8.  I feel sorry for any first time admins trying to get that to work.  There are quite a few invalid steps in there.  I should write up the correct procedure, but then again, Cisco could just as easily correct their documentation.

Anuj, can you push for a documentation review, and have that corrected?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Community Member

Yeah, the document tells how to install from CUCM 8.x.  I tried downloading the TAPS setup and running it on my workstations, but get a "cannot open log file" error.  I am guessing it is because I don't have IIS installed and I don't have a disk to use today.  I'm guessing if I run the setup on a '03 server with IIS installed it will allow me to create the AAR.  I'll try it when I get a chance.  If not, I'm gong to build a cucm 8.x server and download the AAR from there, but I am guessing the hostname and IP will have to be identicle since in the windows install it asks for that information for dumping the AAR.  Anyway, I'll post again if I get the answer.

Cisco Employee

Ok I will try in my lab following the doc and push the documentation team for corrections

Thanks for pointing that out, Anthony !

Regards

Anuj

Thank you!  I appreciate your willingness to go that extra mile for us.

Anthony Holloway

Community Member

Tried running the TAPS installation file on the workstation with and without IIS, kept getting "cannot open log file".

Tried running the TAPS installation file on a 2003 64-bit server with IIS and got a "invalid file" error.

Tried running the TAPS installation file on a no UCCX 2003 server and got the same "invalid file" error.

Built a server using the Cisco OS 1.2a disk and got a "You must have CRS installed to run this file" error.

Installed CRS 7.01 on the server and was able to run the file.  Uploaded the AAR file to the CCX 8.0(2) server, verified all the files and script was there and created a trigger.  Rebooted the server and all that fun stuff.  When I dial the trigger I get the default "system problem" error.  Failing because TAPS is looking for a file on the C drive of the server $auth B`s3!rL$.~m,Hkg}bZ]fj.s5!P8zN??X_Y`,(*]H { return new java.io.FileInputStream("C:\\TAPS\\TAPSCCM.txt").

Next step I guess is to build a CUCM 8.0(2) server and try to pull the AAR from there.  Will post with an update if I have one.

Community Member

Tried to modify the TAPS script where it is calling the TapsCCM.txt file but can't figure out the Java.  Will go back to the CUCM 8 idea.

Community Member

Solution:

Use the TAPS_AAR.aar from an 8.x server.  I used the one from 8.0(3).  Not sure if I am allowed to post it here so I won't.  Anyway, when you install the TAPS_AAR.aar on the UCCX8 server the CUCM server address is a parameter in the application.

Here is what else Iearned in this process.  8.x will not install in VMWare Player, it fails when trying to set the hardware clock to the NTP time.  I had to install 7 first then upgrade it to 8.  I will look for the VM Fix for 8 the next time I need to do use it.

Here's a link to the AAR file on CCO

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282421166&flowid=5328&softwareid=282204704&release=Plugins&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

Anthony Holloway

Bronze

This download specifically references CUCM 7.1.5. Does anyone know if the intent was CUCM 7.1.x? The reason I ask is that we are upgrading to UCCX 8.0.2, however our CUCM will remain on 7.1.3 in the near term until it can be updated to an 8.x release. Thanks for any input.

Bronze

Also, below are the instructions that come along with the downloadable AAR file. At a high level, is it fair to say on an upgraded UCCX 8 system that if after following the instructions below you simply configure the Application with site specific info such as the Trigger that was previously used on the upgraded UCCX 7.x server ? For the Application Parameter for the CUCM IP address, is this any of the CUCM devices where AXL is running?

Procedure to use TAPS with UCCX 8.0 and CUCM 7.1.5

1. Download the TAPS AAR file from CCO
2. Log in to the UCCX appadmin page through Applications > AAR Management as TAPS user and Upload the TAPS_AAR.aar from AAR Management page.
5. Go to Applications > Application Management. The Application Management page displays.
6. Click on the TAPS application.
7. Select the Cisco_Unified_CM_IP_Address checkbox and specify the Cisco Unified Communications Manager IP address, enclosed in double quotes.
Note: By default the IP address will be “ ”, you must enter the IP address between the quotes.
Note: Refer to the UCCX Administration Guide for more information on managing the TAPS_AAR.aar.
8. Restart Tomcat and "Cisco Unified CCX Cluster View Daemon" using the following commands
utils service "Cisco Tomcat" stop/start
utils service "Cisco Unified CCX Cluster View Daemon" stop/start

Note: The TAPS AAR file available on the CCO works with UCCX 8.0.2 and CUCM 7.1.5.
Community Member

It should work with 7.1(3).  I've never had to do anything from the CLI to make this work.

1. Download the file.

2. Upload the file through AAR management

3. Restart the UCCX Engine. (on both servers if HA)  You cannot configure the application before restarting the services.

4. Confiugred your port group for TAPS (if you are going to separate them out)

5. Configure the application with the IP address of the Publisher.

6. Confiugre the trigger

7. Test

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content