Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6/UCCX 8.5 LDAP Integration Procedure

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys

Someone has a procedure for integration between CUCM 8.6/UCCX 8.5 and LDAP?

TIA
Cristian.

21 Replies 21

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Guys

Help please.!!

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCCX integrates into CUCM via AXL only, and has not direct connection to LDAP.  This is different from say CUC or CUPS, which do connect to LDAP directly.

And the CUCM LDAP instructions can be found in the Admin Guide.

Just so you know, all local accounts on CUCM, which do not have a matching LDAP account, will be marked for deletion.  The only local accounts you can have in CUCM are application users, not End Users.  So if this is a production box, be sure you know that.

Good luck and happy integrating!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony

If I performed a integraton between CUCM and LDAP, will be lost the agent user´s account but the uccx admin remain active?

What uccx account I´ll configure in the LDAP before to performed the integration?.

I need a procedure to perform this integration and management keep of the uccx.

TIA

Cristian

If for example your UCCX admin account was named: uccxadmin, then before you created the LDAP integration, you need to make sure that you have an account within LDAP with that same name: uccxadmin.

If you do, then the account will remain.  If you do not, then the account will be marked for deletion.

Since you are on UCCX 8x, if you mess this up, and need to assign a new administrator, you will need CLI access to your UCCX and run the following command:

set uccx appadmin administrator

source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851cli.pdf

Anthony Holloway

Dear Anthony

Then, this will be the procedure for the integration:

1.- Configure the uccxadmin and the agent´s accounts in the LDAP

2.- Performed the integration between CUCM 8.8 and LDAP

3.- Then, check the access to uccx using uccxadmin

4.- Check the login of the agent

5.- Finish

Somethin else?

TIA

Cristian

Yes, that looks right.  Don't forget you need to setup LDAP Authentication and LDAP Directory for UCCX to work.

Another thing to note: CAD logins are case sensitive, whereas CUCM CCMAdmin and UCCX AppAdmin are not.

So if in your LDAP, the Agent username is: Agent1, then that's exactly how it needs to be typed into CAD.

Anthony Holloway

Dear Anthony

Then, adding, I performed the integration between CUCM 8.8 and LDAP + integration between UCCX 8.5 and LDAP, right?

TIA
Cristian

Not quite.  UCCX does not integrate to LDAP.  UCCX integrates to CUCM via AXL.

So the LDAP authentication request looks like this:

CAD -> UCCX -> CUCM -> LDAP

And the response:

LDAP -> CUCM -> UCCX -> CAD

CUCM is like a "middle man" between UCCX and LDAP.

Anthony Holloway

Dear Anthony

For the Supervisor account , this must be configure within LDAP?

TIA

Cristian

Hi Christian

All the user accounts in CCX (aside from the platform administrator and the 'application administrator' account you define when building the server) must come from LDAP - that includes agents, supervisors, and administrators.

They must be 'End Users', so must be in LDAP if LDAP sync is enabled. You then grant them Supervisor rights as normal.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron -

Old post here, but figure Id ask.

I loaded the UCCX with "administrator" with OS    "uccxadmin" for the Application login.

Im assuming I should set the UCCX Administrator username something other than "uccxadmin" correct?

I feel like i have stumbled upon usernames that are same in OS and App and they do not work. (must be different)

Thanks and hope all is well!

Hi Tommer

Yes, the 'user' administrator (i.e. not the one you enter during the linux build) should be different to the other users.

Personally I don't like the practice people have of making the platform/OS admin and the 'application' administrator the same username - they aren't the same account and there is no password sync between them. Also the app administrator is replicated in the cluster, whereas the local one can be set uniquely per server.

UCCX is odd in that it requires that third 'end user' admin - as I say, you would want that to be a different username, as if you use the same username you will end up with an application user and an end user with the same username. That will confuse things if it doesn't break them!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Anthony

The user axl_admin is a End User. This must be configure within LDAP or I´ve to configure like App User within CUCM??

TIA

Cristian.

cristian.munoz wrote:

Dear Anthony

The user axl_admin is a End User. This must be configure within LDAP or I´ve to configure like App User within CUCM??

TIA

Cristian.

That must exist in LDAP.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: