Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM disconnect UCCX redirected call after timeout

Hello, colleagues

I use Redirect step for transfer call from Menu to CUCM phone. There are no call forward rules on this phone extension. After small  timeout (approximately 15-20 s) call  disconnected. How increase time of phone ringing or do it unlimited?

Thank you

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

You would need to increase the Call Forward No Answer timer on the DN (a setting at the bottom of the Call Forwarding section). There is a system-wide default in Service Parameters which is likely set in the 18-25 second range. When this timer expires the phone either CFNA or CUCM returns reorder tone.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Yesterday, I tried to change this setting, but nothing changes. Probably I forgot to change this parameter on subscriber... Now I try to do this one more and also I will write about result. Thank you.

I try to change:

Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward)

Forward No Answer Timer  - 180

But nothing change...

Re: CUCM disconnect UCCX redirected call after timeout

There are no call forward rules on this phone extension.

If there is no Call Forward No Answer destination, nor VM Check boxes checked, then the CFNA timer doesn't do anything, and it should ring until the caller hangs up.

However, there is the case of the T301 timer, in which CallManager will drop the call if no answer on the DN in the specified amount of time.  Perhaps someone changed your CFNA or T301 timers such that the T301 expires before the CFNA timer?

No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)

Used in conjunction with Call Forward No Answer Destination, this field sets the timer for how long the phone will ring before it gets forwarded. Leave this setting blank to use the value that is set in the Cisco CallManager service parameter, Forward No Answer Timer.

Caution        

By default, Cisco Unified Communications Manager makes the time for the T301 timer longer than the No Answer Ring Duration time; if the set time for the T301 timer expires before the set time for the No Answer Ring Duration expires, the call ends, and no call forwarding can occur. If you choose to do so, you can configure the time for the No Answer Ring Duration to be greater than the time for the T301 timer. For information on the T301 timer, choose System > Service Parameters; choose the server, the Cisco CallManager service, and then the parameter in the window that displays.

T301 Timer:   Required Field     This parameter specifies a timer for receiving the Alerting message. For exact timer definitions, refer to the Q.931 specification. The timer stops when the Connect message is received. Ensure that this value is always greater than the value that is specified in the Forward No Answer Timer parameter and Auto Answer Timer parameter; if it is not greater, the call does not get forwarded or auto-answered and the caller receives a busy signal.

This is a required field.

Default:  180000

Minimum:  36000

Maximum:  900000

Unit: msec

On the other hand, I don't believe this would be a UCCX issue, as you may find that just calling the DN directly, you get the same results.  Or is that not the case?  Does it behave differently calling it directly versus calling it via UCCX Call Redirect?

I would also advise against having a 180 second (3 minute) CFNA timer as your system default.  There's probably a good reason for it, I just can't think of one.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Re: CUCM disconnect UCCX redirected call after timeout

Hello, Antony.

However, there is the case of the T301 timer, in which CallManager will drop the call if no answer on the DN in the specified amount of time.  Perhaps someone changed your CFNA or T301 timers such that the T301 expires before the CFNA timer?

T301 timer set at 180000.

On the other hand, I don't believe this would be a UCCX issue, as you may find that just calling the DN directly, you get the same results.  Or is that not the case?  Does it behave differently calling it directly versus calling it via UCCX Call Redirect?

Then I try to call directly to this phone - phone ring more than 60 sec (not disconnect after 15-20 s). This that that is necessary for me.

I would also advise against having a 180 second (3 minute) CFNA timer as your system default.  There's probably a good reason for it, I just can't think of one.

Sure, it is only for debug this issue...

Thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies