cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC 8.5 Failed to connect to CVP Callback database

manoj.varghese
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect CUIC 8.5 to CVP callback database and geting the following error on data source test connection. If I change the database name to

cvp_data, then the test connection is successful. But I want to connect to callback database to report on courtesy callback calls. Anyone have an idea ?

callback_report v1.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known limitiation of Reporting Users that you create in OAMP, they won't have their account created against the CCB database, only against the cvp_data database. I do know that we intended to have this documented in the 8.x documentations and it should ultimately be resolved by having OAMP create the user in the CCB database too.

For now, you could use the cvp_dbadmin account in CUIC, that should have access to the CCB db.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

this exception occurs if

- the database does not exist,

- the user does not have connect permission.

Are you sure that none of these conditions apply?

G.

How can I check this user have permission on callback database?. I am expecting this user have permission as I am using the same user for accessing cvp_data  database.

Hi,

user permissions may be global but most likely they are set at a database level. So even though your user might have the necessary permissions to connect to one database, it might not have a permission to another one.

G.

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known limitiation of Reporting Users that you create in OAMP, they won't have their account created against the CCB database, only against the cvp_data database. I do know that we intended to have this documented in the 8.x documentations and it should ultimately be resolved by having OAMP create the user in the CCB database too.

For now, you could use the cvp_dbadmin account in CUIC, that should have access to the CCB db.

Thanks Kris, that works!