Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUIC database sources

So I can pull the realtime data from the awdb source with no problem but when I set the historical database to the hds it pulls no data.  I set the historical source to the awdb and it pulls historical data then.  Why does it work this way.  Is the hds just a dump for the historical data while the awdb is the database that serves out both types of data the realtime and the historical to the CUIC reporting software?  I thought both the hds and awdb database each reported seperatly to the CUIC with one being the historical data and the other being the realtime data.  Somebody clue me in on this and perhaps point me to documentation that explains this in an exact form.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CUIC database sources

The AWDB holds access to all of the data on ICM that is the way it is supposed to work. The AWDB has a number of views that point to the t_tables for the historic data.

Doing it this way makes the SQL queries much easier as both the configuration information and the historic data is then available in the same DB otherwise joins and queries would need to span two databases.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 REPLIES

The AWDB holds access to all of the data on ICM that is the way it is supposed to work. The AWDB has a number of views that point to the t_tables for the historic data.

Doing it this way makes the SQL queries much easier as both the configuration information and the historic data is then available in the same DB otherwise joins and queries would need to span two databases.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Actually the hds and awdb both hold information.  I got the CUIC to pull historical data from the hds and then realtime data from the awdb like the original intended purpose was. 

Views
Helpful
Replies