Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUIC Informix ODBC Settings

When we used to run CUIS, the database that supported the CUIS GUI was Microsoft SQL Server.  Thus I could take advantage of Value Lists and Collections which were maintained by end users and make custom applications (wall board displays in this case) and have CUIS be the application used to maintain the list of Agents.

Now we have converted to CUIC and the database that supports the CUIC GUI is in Informix.  I would like to upgrade my custom applications to read the Informix database.  I have downloaded the Informix ODBC driver but am now looking for the settings for the ODBC driver configuration - specifically the following settings:

Server Name: I assume this is the DNS name of the server?

Host Name: Is this the same DNS name, the IP address, or some other entry?

Service:  I've seen the port number of 1526 used here when doing research on the internet.

Protocol:  onsoctcp is what I've found, but there are dozen other settings.

Options:  Leave this blank or does it require information to be entered.

Database Name:

UserId:  Will the CUIC\Administrator username work here?  Does it need to be qualified with the domain?

Password:

Any help here would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chris

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Chris

CUIC does connect to itself in the first connection under data sources.

This is going to fail as you need a Informix user ID and password. Products like CCX let you define a password for accessing the database but I don't see that option in CUIC.

Run this from the CLI to list the Informix users:

run sql select username from cuic_data:sysusers

The cuic_reportuser as used to connect to itself is a valid user but you are not going to get the password for it

So this is not going to work.

Graham

The internal CUIC Informix database is not network enabled. The database user credentials are not published , nor is the db schema. I have had very limited success creating reports using the native data connection.

Without the new schema info there is little value in this work so far.

Hi Chris,

From CUIC you can connect to the CUIC DB. Create Datasouce and you can connect.

In case you want to connect using the Informix Driver, i use IBM Informix Setnet32.

Provide the hostname, and IP of the server.

Protocol : olsoctcp

Service name : 1500

Database name : ${CUIC_DB_NAME}

Instance : ${INFORMIXSERVER}

I have read the Db structure using the CUIC frontend.But they have removed critical database like Error table that could be used to get the details of any error occured while loading the report.

CISCO has adds some feature in the newer version but get rids of better feature from older version.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content