Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Scheduler user access issue

Jake Grimshaw
Level 1
Level 1

This one has me stumped.  

We recently finished an upgrade for a client that included a transition to a new virtual environment.  I built out two  9.1.1 clusters, and did a disaster recovery restore from the old prod systems into the new prod system.  After much foul language we got everything working, except an issue with runnihg scheduled reports.

If a superuser makes an edit to the report, like changing the scheluded run time, a normal level user can no longer make a change to the report.  The superuser has to then delete the report, and the user recreate it.  Even with the new reports, if the superuser makes a change, it locks out the user.

This is CUIC 9.1.1, and I am not seeing anything strange in the web interface.  My CUIC fu is weak here, so any help would be greatly appreciated

3 Replies 3

I think I read some bug around this subject, I would go straigh to TAC to get your answer.

david

I see this behavior in CUIC 8.5 as well. The workaround is for the superuser to do a "Run As" (from Security -> User List) as the user who made the schedule, then edit the schedule from there. The schedule will then stay owned by that user instead of the superuser.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jake Grimshaw
Level 1
Level 1

This is just an FYI for anyone that has the same issue.  Turns out this was a bug, and we are now waiting for a patch to be developed.  The bug ID is CSCuq54592CSCuq54592 - "Scheduled rep permissions lost if other user with enough permission edits it".  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: