cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Scheduler

Aaron Banks
Level 1
Level 1

When I schedule a report, where does the report go?  It shows dashboard, but where does the actual report reside and how does one retrieve it?                  

4 Replies 4

Hi - When u creating schedule it will give you two option Email or Save to Remote Location.

If you going for Remote Loacation then you need to choose Protocol as SFTP and the Host where the SFTP is running and Directory path as //

Test the conectivity before you proceed, also you need to choose what are the reports you need to save in Remote Location and in Remote Location (SFTP) need to give Directory Path where u want to save this Reports.

In Scheduler Main Page choose schedule name click and Run Now and cross-verify the results.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

In other words, if email or a remote location is not set up, then the scheduler is not useful.  Am I understanding your response correctly?

Yes, either you need to choose Email / Remote Location.

Scheduler used to get the Reports automatically by the time stamp which we configured instead of taking the reprots by logging through CUIC Report page each and very time.

Even you can ceate Multiple Schdule to get diferent repots like Rela Time, Historical etc...

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

If, when scheduling a report, you do not choose either Email or Remote Location, you can display the scheduled report within a Dashboard using the "Schedule" item type when adding to the Dashboard. The report will run once at the time you schedule it, and then the results will show in the Dashboard without re-running the report each time.

This can be useful for:

• Putting results of resource-intensive reports into a Dashboard.
  • Putting reports that don't have default Filter criteria into a dashboard, and providing the same end user experience as a default filter.
  • Preventing the Dashboard user from providing their own Filter criteria for a report within the Dashboard.

Another interesting thing I came up with another day, though I don't personally have a use for it:

1. Put a report in a folder, which the intended Dashboard user has no Read rights on.
  2. Make sure the user has Execute on the report.
  3. Create a Schedule for the report.
  4. Add the Scheduled report to a Dashboard.

End result is, the user can see the report results in the Dashboard, but they have no ability to run that specific report seperately (since they have no access to the folder it's in), and can't modify the filter on it. I think it's an interesting way to restrict access to certain reports to specific filters. Just keep in mind that if a user has Execute access on a report, they can see all scheduled reports for it.

-Jameson

-Jameson
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: