Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 4.0.1 Install fails on Win2K3 with SP2

rajasekarvs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The installation of CVP 4.0.1 core components fails on Win2k3 sp2 server with SNMP service & WMI service error. We have them installed already ,but still the instalaltion of CVP did not go thru. The system is without any microsoft updates.Please let me know ,if there are any specific updates to be installed.

Raj

6 Replies 6

Try to remove and readd SNMP and WMI components and try it again.

david

We have already tried removing and readding the same with no luck.

Raj

Hi ,

Further to add to this ,we are trying to install the CVP in 64bit Windows 2003 with SP2. The installation is successful on 32 bit Windows 2003. Somebody please advise of the 64 bit Win2k3 is supported for CVP 4.0.1.

Raj

Ah! I've never seen any Cisco software support a 64 bit OS.

david

But none of the document says that it is either supported or not supported. We have installed the ICM applications in the 64 bit OS and everything runs fine with that.

Raj

If the applications don't make use of a 64 bit address space, what's the point?

When reading the Cisco BOM requirements, it's best to not try to read between the lines. If it's not explicitly stated, I'd be pretty averse to cutting my own path through the jungle.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: