Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 4.0 and SIP

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

assuming CCM 5.1 cluster, for a CVP 4.0 deployment using SIP (not H323) does the Unified Presence Server 1.0 Software that comes with CCM perform the role of the SIP proxy server if it is intstalled on a MCS server, or do i need to go and order (Cisco Unified Presence 6.0 Softwar) on MCS server to perform the role of sip proxy server

i mean if the (SW-UPS1.0-K9P) software that comes already with CCM is capable and enough to do SIP proxy server in cvp 4.0 deployment or i need to order a seperate SW-CUP6.0-K9= software to do SIP proxy function ?

please advise

thanks

3 Replies 3

samkk2
Level 1
Level 1

I think you should be able to use the built-in presence server component as is done with many IPPC boxes with co-resident components (and in Training Labs via a sprawler type installations).

Is your concern related to Cisco supported type design perspective (for TAC support) or is it from a the performance/capacity standpoint?

Also can you elaborate on your CVP design please e.g number of Call Servers (one of the components with SIP function) and Gateways and Gatekeeper etc.

Sam

thanks Sam

what i meant in my post is this:

i have ordered ccm 5.1, then a (SW-UPS1.0-K9P) sw comes with this ccm, so if i have cvp 4.0 and want to install this (SW-UPS1.0-K9P) presence server on a MCS to do the SIP proxy function, is this possible?

or do i need to order (SW-CUP6.0-K9=) sw and run on MCS to perform the SIP proxy function for CVP 4.0?

also what is the difference between (SW-CUP6.0-K9=) and (SW-UPS1.0-K9P) versions?

please advise?

thanks

Hi,

please always use this doc for compatibility questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp4_0/reference/guide/cvp40bom.pdf

It clearly states the compatible releases:

Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS)

Category Requirements

Minimum Recommended Software CUPS 1.0.3 or higher SR [up to Unified CallManager 5.1]

CUPS 6.0.1 or higher SR [as of Unified Callmanager 6.0]

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: