Helpful
Replies

CVP 8.5 CallSTudio upgrade license

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networkers,

We have a PAK for Cisco Call Studio upgrade to version 8.5

From cisco.com/go/license, and after entering the PAK, I am asked to use an IP address. I am really confused, which IP address should be used ?

We have already 4 CALL/VXML servers + 1 OAMP server.

But we are installing CVP Call Studio on a PC client, so which IP address should be used to download the license for Call Studio ?

Best Regards and Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ask your DHCP network engineer to specify that the Studio host should have a permanent lease. He can do this in a few moments of work. Then every time the box is rebooted and asks the DCHP server for an address, it will assign it the same one.

Cisco always say you should have a static IP, but I have customers using this technique and it works fine.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The Studio box. Make sure it's either a static IP address or a permanent DHCP lease. If it changes, it's broken.

Regards,

Geoff

Dear geoff,

Thanks for your reply,

Please note that we're using DHCP. In this case how shall we proceed ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Ask your DHCP network engineer to specify that the Studio host should have a permanent lease. He can do this in a few moments of work. Then every time the box is rebooted and asks the DCHP server for an address, it will assign it the same one.

Cisco always say you should have a static IP, but I have customers using this technique and it works fine.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: