Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Green

CVP 8.5 - Getting Locations from CUCM using AXL fails against CUCM 8.0.1

This is a bit strange. I try to get the locations from the Call Manager using the AXL user I created, and when I check the Sync Status it tells me that it failed. If I check the OAMP log it shows the failure:

40: 16.91.120.149: May 09 2012 09:07:51.993 -0700: %CVP_8_5_OAMP-3-OAMP_OMGR_LBCAC_SYNC_TASK_SOAP_SERVICE_EXCEPTION:  Soap Service Failure occured in LBCAC Sync Task while syncing with server - 16.91.120.134: com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.soap.SoapServiceException: Exception in SOAP call:

at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.soap.SoapService.throwSpecificException(SoapService.java:124)

at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.soap.ThickAXL.listLocations(ThickAXL.java:132)

It doesn't really say why it failed.

I know the Location table is accessible because I can fetch it using Java over SOAP from the AXL Toolkit. It gives me the right information so I know I have IP address, user, passwd and AXL is running.

I looked at the CVP 8.5 on-line help and it said I that CUCM had to be 8.5.1 SU2 or greater.  This seems odd because I have done LBCAC with customers on CVP 8.0 and CUCM 8.0.

So I installed a CVP 8.0, just added the CM reference (to the same Call Manager) and the same AXL credentials and pressed Sync, and it worked immediately.

So my question is: why does LBCAC on CVP 8.5 only work with CUCM 8.5 SU2 or greater?

Regards,

Geoff

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Green

Re: CVP 8.5 - Getting Locations from CUCM using AXL fails agains

I upgraded my Call Manager to 8.5.1 SU2 and CVP 8.5 still cannot retrieve location information using AXL.

CVP 8.0 was able to get location info from CUCM 8.0.1 and can also get it from CUCM 8.5.1 SU2.

My command-line tool using AXL works with both CUCM versions.

What a drag. When I look closer at the exception in the trace of OAMP I see:

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:154)

So I copied the axlsqltoolkit.zip to this server, unpacked it and changed the sample.xml to read:

http://www.xmlspy.com)-->

and everything is fine - I get the location info back. So it sure doesn't time out. Getting close to opening a TAC case.

Regards,

Geoff

Green

Oh, does anyone know how to increase the trace in OAMP?

Regards,

Geoff

Green

The installation of Engineering Special CVP 8.5 ES6 resolved this issue. I can now synchronize location information from CUCM. Apparently A2Q are recommending ES6 for all new deployments. Given this, why would it be difficult to get this ES from Cisco? It should be public.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies