Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CVP 8.5 Muliple Codecs support

Hello,

I have a scenario where i might need to use G.711 and G.729 on the same CVP, is it possible.

In details : i have two CVP servers and two CUBE's, each CUBE is in a separate location (NO CUPS), if the call comes to CUBE1 , there is two dial-peers , the first will forward to CVPA as G.711 and the second will forward the call to CVPB as G.729 , vise versa for siteB, is this scenario possible.

P.S. i don't have transcoding resources on the CUBE.

Amer

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Hi Amer,

I had the same issue in my system. We cannot forward with two different codecs to CVP. You would need a transcoder running on the CUBE to convert to G711 and then transfer to the CVP

Cheers,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Hello,

I could be wrong but i think you can't do transcoding on CUBE without call manager (either CUCM or CCME) right?

beside , in case i have trascoding , do i need to convert the prompts to G.729 so that the VXML gateway can play them ?

Amer

Hi,

You need not convert the prompts in the VXML Gateway.

In case of transcoding in CUBE you can create an dspfarm with a profile and associate the profile in the SCCM group. The CUBE will use the associated transcoders

Cheers,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Hello Dass,

I am not sure about the last reply, the transcoder needs to be registered with either CUCM or CCME, so in this case the call must go to the CUCM or CCME then the transcoder will be used , right ?

Amer

Hey Amer,

Yes you are right. You would need to register the transcoder either with CUCM or CCME

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content