Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CVP ASR error.com.cisco.media.resource.failure.asr

Hi,

we are deployng a POC using CVP 8.5 comphrensive mode integrated with ICM 8.5. Tha CVP application are deployed using the CVP call studio.

The VXM Gateway is:

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-IPVOICE-M), Version 12.4(3c), RELEASE

SOFTWARE (fc1)

In the POC we integrated the environment with Nuance. Below the releases:

• ASR                      Nuance Recognizer 9.0.18
  • TTS                       Scansoft Real Speak 4.0

The TTS works fine, while we have issues using ASR.

We folloewd all Cisco recommendations for ASR/TTS configuration on Cisco Voice Gateway (changing the port and the URI). We received always the same error (404 from Nuance).

Bellow the MRCP voice gateway error and in the attached file the wire shark taken on Nuance server, while the CVP application logs the message in the topic.

*May 10 09:02:04.846: //-1//MRCP:/mrcp_response_handler: Response from 10.166.27

.149:4900 failedMRCP/1.0 6 404 COMPLETE

Accept-Charset: charset: utf-8

Do anyone has an idea about this issue?

Regards

Mario

8 REPLIES

Hi,

within the Grammar, are you using any non-ANSI characters?

Are you sure you changed the URL pattern on the Nuance side as well for the speech recognizer, including all those nifty configuration parameters?

G.

Hi, 

to be honest I tried all possible configurations, beginning from the configurations described in the CVP administration guide and cisco links as the following 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/ivr/configuration/guide/ivrapp05.html 

I also noticed that the cisco recommendation as the MRCP port  (from 4900 to 554) and the URLs modification are mandatory if you use the UCCE micro applications as the voice gatway built the url according to the configuration. 

If you use the VXML server (and so the studio) this doesn't happen. 

Anyway the behavior is the same. 

The error code that the VG received from Nuance is 404 (wrong parameter). May be I am into not supported releases, anyway  the strange behavior is that TTS works while ASR not.

Hi,

the other day I ran into a strange issue, using UCCX's Voice Browser combined with Nuance - if a recognition session included non-ANSI characters, it just hung. So I literally tried out various Speech Server and Recognizer releases to find the one that did not have this issue.

Good luck.

G.

Do you have en-US ASR language also installed?

If not, try entering this in the Studio Application under project/properties/root doc settings in the area called VoiceXML Properties:

Name:universals

Value:none

(Case sensitive)

Let me know if that works.

Janine

Hi,

Did you resolve this?  It sounds like same issue that I am seeing

Did either of you manage to resolve this problem as I am seeing the same error?

*Jan 7 11:30:40.503: //-1//MRCP:/mrcp_response_handler:
Response from 192.168.0.41:554 failedMRCP/1.0 9 404 COMPLETE

Cisco Employee

I was having this exact same

I was having this exact same problem, and finally found this document which describes the error and how to fix it.

Environment: Nuance 9, CVP 9/10/10.5, Cisco VXML gateway

Symptoms: TTS works but ASR does not. Running 'debug mrcp error' on the VXML gateway will show one of these errors:

Aug 14 10:56:43.995: //-1//MRCP:/mrcp_response_handler:
   Response from 192.168.51.32:554 failedMRCP/1.0 6 404 COMPLETE
Aug 14 10:56:43.995: //-1//MRCP:/mrcp_response_handler:
   Response from 192.168.51.32:554 failedMRCP/1.0 6 404 COMPLETE
Accept-Charset: charset: ISO-8859-1

Problem: the character set negotiation is not correct in communication between the gateway and Nuance ASR server. The issue is in this line:

and

Accept-Charset: charset: ISO-8859-1

If the character set is sent, it should not have the word "charset: " in front of it.

Resolution: Turn on MRCP client accept character set compliance on the VXML gateway, in configuration mode:

vxmlgw(config)# mrcp client accept-charset-compliance

Yes, This one is mistical

Yes, This one is mistical command like csim,and doest even show up in context sensetive help.

after so much brainstrom i was able to find it on old CVP Devloper community.

i think it should be included in CVP configuration guide for Nuance. thanks for sharing.

regards

Chintan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content