Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CVP ASR Failover Issue

I have a 7.0(2) CVP implementation integrated with Nuance ASR.  I have both a primary and backup ASR server.  I have a IP Host reference in the VXML GW for both the primary and backup ASR servers.  The ASR features work correctly if I point the asr-en-us IP Host reference to either the primary or the backup server.  If I disable the services on the primary ASR server, no requests are sent to the backup ASR server.  Has anyone successfully configured a backup ASR server for CVP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: CVP ASR Failover Issue

Are you calling ASR from a CVP VXML application  (built with Studio) or from CVP microapps?

The "-backup" specification in the IP host table as described in the CVP Config Guide will work for a microapp, but from a CVP VXML application, you would need to use a VIP (virtual IP) supported by a CSS (Content Services Switch). Normally you want a two-pack CSS for fault-tolerance.

Regards,

Geoff

2 REPLIES
Green

Are you calling ASR from a CVP VXML application  (built with Studio) or from CVP microapps?

The "-backup" specification in the IP host table as described in the CVP Config Guide will work for a microapp, but from a CVP VXML application, you would need to use a VIP (virtual IP) supported by a CSS (Content Services Switch). Normally you want a two-pack CSS for fault-tolerance.

Regards,

Geoff

I'm calling it from a CVP Studio application.  That makes sense why it would not work in that scenario.  Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies