cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP - Backup

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Is there a documented procedure for backing up a combo box (VB and App server)?

Is it similar to the PG's where just the registry needs to be backed up?

3 Replies 3

tapk5
Level 3
Level 3

registry backup is only good for the information you input in application installation, other settings from VB admin aren't captured.

For VB, there is a file 'config.val' which seems having all customized settings from VB Admin. No idea on App Server.

Wei

bbjr
Level 1
Level 1

No there is not one available. Generally this reason is because many customers have their own internal disaster recovery policies they must follow and it really depends on what that is. Whole disk image, just registry, application but not OS, etc...

If you feel one is needed, please have your account SE or if a partner CSE/CAM (Channel SE/Account Manager) submit a PERS (Product Enhancement Request) for it.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks. I was more concerned about what backup apps would be allowed by the CSA agent for CVP.

Also, I understand that each customer has different DR policies but typically with most Cisco applications they at least post the minimum that needs to be backed up to restore the application. Thats all I am looking for, what info needs to be backed up so that it can be restored.