Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CVP Busy Tone

Hi,

how can I play back a busy tone with CVP to the caller ?

In some scripts we do not want to play back any wave files when for example no agents are available, instead we will play back a busy tone.

The busy tone should not be played back as a wave file from CVP in the way that the call will be connected, because in that case the caller has to pay for the call.

If I use a release, than no busy tone is played and the call is disconnected, so the customer may think that something with the dialed number is wrong and will try again.

thanks Markus

4 REPLIES
Green

Re: CVP Busy Tone

You can't have it both ways. If it comes up to CVP you have to handle it and play the busy tone as a WAV file. Even if you just "Release" the call was connected and the caller paid.

(How about a toll free number?)

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geof,

thanks for your reply. You answer isn't right.

If I set a release node the call wasn't accepted at all at the beginning.

I can also maybe set a dyn label from UCM for a number that doesn't exists, but thats not the way I will handle it.

Markus

Green

Really? That's good to know, but surprising. CVP establishes the switch leg, which (I thought) would have told the carrier that the call was answered.

Regards,

Geoff

>CVP establishes the switch leg, which (I thought) would have told the carrier that the call was answered.

IIRC CVP with H.323 connects the call as part of the switch leg setup as you said. CVP with SIP does not.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content