Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CVP Call Server - Partial State

Hi guys,

I need some help here. I am trying to bring up the trunk between ICM and CVP. In CVP, I used the default VRU port which is 5000 and I also setup a VRU port 5000, peripheral 5001 which is the CVP PG peripheral ID in ICM and the pim shows idle status. However, I got the following error from CVP logs

CVP_8_0_IVR-1-STATE_CHANGED: IVR subsystem state changed. New state: Partial Service. Cause:Dependency state is not known [id:3002]

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Let's start over...

One side of your VRU PIM is showing IDLE, does the other side show IDLE as well or does it show Active?

Has there been any changes in your environment? IP changes? If using a local host file, has that changed?

Since this PIM is not working correctly for you, are you able to stop the PG service that it's tied to and run through PG setup to double check all the settings are correct? For instance, making sure the PIMs are enabled with the correct Peripheral IDs and Logical controller ID; also making sure your private and visible interfaces have the correct hostnames.

Are you able to turn up tracing via procmon or vrutrace and post it?

6 REPLIES
Silver

If you dump the aforementioned IDLE pim via dumplog, you can attach it to your next post and we can take a deeper look. If one side is showing IDLE, what's the other side showing?

What version of CVP and does it include and are there any engineering specials (ES) installed ?

Hi Omar,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find attached screenshot on the dump for the idle pim. The other side, which is CVP, is showing partial state, as mentioned in my previous post.

pim2.png

The CVP is version 8.0, same for icm. There are no ES installed.

Silver

The three Failed to read error messages tell me that something is either not configured correctly or that there's a mismatch with A and B. But in my opinion, there is clearly an issue with ICM and not CVP.

I'm going to assume that this is not a new install and that everything was working before today. Am I correct in assuming that? If so, I would schedule a maintance window and shut down both PGs and then bring them up one at a time.

I had a similar issue about 6 months ago and my issue was caused by incorrectly entering the hostname of Router Side A during the Web Setup.

Re: CVP Call Server - Partial State

Yes, you are right. Previously it was working fine and showing active status. I am just trying to revert the VM to earlier snapshot so that I can redo to familiarize with the configurations. However, it is not working now. I tried shutting down and bringing them up but still the same problem.

From my understanding, the VRU PIM will keep attempt to reconnect to CVP Call Server when it fails, but it never.

Silver

Let's start over...

One side of your VRU PIM is showing IDLE, does the other side show IDLE as well or does it show Active?

Has there been any changes in your environment? IP changes? If using a local host file, has that changed?

Since this PIM is not working correctly for you, are you able to stop the PG service that it's tied to and run through PG setup to double check all the settings are correct? For instance, making sure the PIMs are enabled with the correct Peripheral IDs and Logical controller ID; also making sure your private and visible interfaces have the correct hostnames.

Are you able to turn up tracing via procmon or vrutrace and post it?

Hi Omar,

The problem is solved, it seems that I am using the same peripheral ID for both CUCM and CVP in PG setup. I changed the peripheral ID for CUCM and it solves the issue. Thanks for helping.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content