Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CVP call studio (version 8.0) installed on Windows XP. Migration options considering XP support end.

What is going to happen with the Cisco CVP Call studio installed on Windows XP machine, now that Windows support is ending for XP?

Moving forward, In terms of licensing, the CVP 8.5 doco (http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp8_5/installation/guide/CVP85install.pdf) suggests to source new licenses.

I'd like to confirm if there will be an adverse effect if we just shut the XP machine down now and get the new Call Studio installed on new box in a couple of months (and yes, I have read that Cisco gives 30 days to upload new licenses) as we don't have a Windows 7 right now at disposal. 

1 REPLY

Personally, as this is

Personally, as this is supposed to be a development box, I would keep it as it is. Otherwise you'll have to ask Cisco to rehost the license for you. I keep an XP VM on my box which I've used for years as my go to (nothing fails) machine. Eventually I'll migrate it to 7.

david

Views
Helpful
Replies